GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What's your longest GRiSO trip?

Go down 
+13
Oz1200Guzzi
moto
beetle
bahamazoo
mark111
MrGPz
GUZ21
Street
Omnis
sidrat
Bill Hagan
wyno
nblades
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

What's your longest GRiSO trip? Empty
PostSubject: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:43 pm

What's your longest GRiSO trip? Now that we are balls deep in winter ( going skiing Sunday, just got 63 cm of pow at the hill), I'm dreaming of a future trip. Thinking of riding from Southern Alberta to Morelia, Mexico. Not sure if it'll be next year, or possibly the year after. But that's approximately 10000 km round trip. Do you guys think that's crazy to accomplish on my GRiSO? Maybe I should buy a Stelvio for that trip? Life's short, ride lots.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:34 am

My partner and I rode from Geelong Victoria to Noosa Heads in Queensland (a bit over 4000km round trip). I was on the GRiSO and she was on her Honda CB500X. Not a problem. Do it.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:00 am

^^^^^

Impressive.

Mine was (multiple) r/t between Milan (not Italy, but Illinois!  Wink ) and Cross Junction, Virginia, a mere 1600 or so miles, and entirely on back roads.

I have done numerous other day and multi-day trips , e.g., to Atlanta and back, again avoiding the slab.  I must have an insensitive gluteus maximus as I find the GRiSO as comfortable a tourer as my Norge ... and I just got off it last night after a 4-day r/t to Atlanta, not a yard of which was on slab roads.

But 4000K on a GRiSO or any motorcycle?  Again, impressive.   cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:25 pm

WE stopped off at Bungendore on the way to Noosa and Heather got to meet Pete. She said that was impressive. She said he was witty and charming with a colourful turn of phrase. We did rthe trip over 2 weeks. 5 days to get to Noosa. A few days with her son and his wife and then about 4-5 days back. Pete was terrific. I had hit a pothole at 100kmh and didn't realise that one of the fork seals had blown. He changed out the forks for a spare pair he had and put a Beetle map in, so I went from getting 8 litres per 100km down to around 4.8 litres per 100. That was nearly as good as Heather's 500. I think we'd do it again, but I think Heather might want to get the V7 111 Special she's had her eye on first.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:42 pm

1100 miles, Rome to Lincoln, but that was on a Ducati. I have done a few 600 mile days on the GRiSO and 4000 miles in the week.

Oh and i have ridden from the UK to New Zealand on an SR500 2 up!!

So you should be fine, go for it
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:57 pm

With my buddy also on a GRiSO in 2015 we rode 7000kms covering 16 capitals of 16 states on the eastern seaboard from Toronto to New Orleans and back, last summer we rode just under 5000kms to Atlantic Canada via Quebec northern shore of the St.Lawrence.
Planning another epic for next summer, not sure where yet.
Will post pics as before here.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Omnis wrote:
With my buddy also on a GRiSO in 2015 we rode 7000kms covering 16 capitals of 16 states on the eastern seaboard from Toronto to New Orleans and back, last summer we rode just under 5000kms to Atlantic Canada via Quebec northern shore of the St.Lawrence.
Planning another epic for next summer, not sure where yet.
Will post pics as before here.

OK ... I'm lazy. Sue me. jocolor

Link to last trip pix?

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:35 pm

We did just over 5000 miles (8000+ km) in 2009, I on my 1100 GRiSO with a stock seat, and Esther on her 1100 California Stone. The longest of many great road trips, this one started in Seattle, continued across Idaho via Lolo Pass, into Montana and over Beartooth Pass into Yellowstone National Park. From there we attended the U.S. National Moto Guzzi Rally in Salida, Colorado, spent a few days riding around that area before reaching the southernmost point of our trip in Santa Fe, New Mexico. After a couple of days playing tourist we rode northwest through Durango, Colorado and across the southeastern corner of Utah to see fantastic prehistoric ruins at Hovensweep National Monument, through Mexican Hat and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Heading for the ocean, we traveled through two more National Parks, Zion in Utah and Yosemite in California before landing in Calistoga in the Napa Valley for a visit with my old friend from grad school, Arminee and her husband, Vince (see Wine Thread - Toffanelli Vinyards). From Calistoga we meandered along the Russian River to Jenner on the Pacific coast and followed the famed highway 101 all the way up the coast, through the Giant Redwoods and beyond, the entire length of the Oregon coast and part way up the Washington coast to Ocean Shores where we spent the last night on the road before heading home. We had planned to do the Olympic Peninsula loop on the final leg, but the weather had gone south and we were pretty beat. That last 200 mile jaunt would have put us right around 5500 miles.

We're starting to talk about a similar trip next summer, meeting up with a few old friends along the way and exploring some different routes. At this point though, we're pretty much done with National Parks, too slow and too many frickin' people in too many frickin' RVs. And we've sworn off the Oregon coast for the same reason, one resort town after another - there's better riding further inland through the mountains. And we're particularly interested in exploring new routes in northern California - suggestions welcome from Cali GRiSO riders!

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:29 pm

Glen Forrest on here should get a mention for his 2 week 9300 kilometre trip from Perth to the Ragged Fringe and back.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:16 am

1000Kms yesterday.

The bike could do it again today, i need a rest first..
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:38 am

11,500km across Australia and back with a number of detours exploring places I hadn't been to before.
This was on my 2008 black GRiSO and one of the best things I have ever done.
Lots of straight roads and camping in remote towns and meeting lots of fantastic people.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:37 am

mark111 wrote:
11,500km across Australia and back with a number of detours exploring places I hadn't been to before.
This was on my 2008 black GRiSO and one of the best things I have ever done.
Lots of straight roads and camping in remote towns and meeting lots of fantastic people.

What an elegant code for "I was lost." cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Hey Bill,
All trips were documented on this site under Experience I think,

This the Gaspe peninsula : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This the 16 Capitals trip : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 am

8000km in 9 days.
Rode around Western Australia - that's one state- on a 1980 GSX1100, accompanied by my dog, and a bloke on a RD250 LC.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:08 am

Pat, you may or may not be aware, that a Suzuki is not a GRiSO. Just saying.

rabbit

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 am

Yeah understood FIG, but as the GRiSO does not make an appearance in my stable - and that is purely a size thing ( mines bigger ) I thought I might be permitted the post under the 'Hagan Precedent'.....
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 am

Hagan Precedent, eh? Can't argue with that.

I wrode my GSX1100 to Coolamon for a beer once.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:31 pm

I think it comes down to how far you ride each day. My longest GRiSO trip was over 2400 miles out to Colorado and Wyoming, and, much as I like my GRiSO, the last 600 mile day was miserable. My advice: decide how far you will ride in a day. Then add 25% for days that won't go as planned. Then map out a single day, round trip of the same length from and to your house, and ride it. Decide if you would be happy doing that for a few days. Some would and some wouldn't. Nobody can make the decision for you
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 am

Rode from QLD back home in a day - about 950 km. Long day but doable.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 am

when I had my Breva 750 I rode from Canberra to Nullawil in northern Victoria and back in one day. That was just on 1500km. Got home at 2am and got up for work at 5am. Totally stupid, and I had a sore arse.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:18 am

impressive Wyno. Stoopid yes, but also....

One day, went Walcha to Nabiac on the Oxley, then home to the Sunshine Coast, only 942 tho.
Plenty of 700k days - she does get 400+ to the tankfull...
Melbourne to Tweed, with a stop or 2, then a return loop back down to Mudgee two days later...
Did a lap of Tassie one fine day.

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 am

bahamazoo wrote:
Yeah understood FIG, but as the GRiSO does not make an appearance in my stable - and that is purely a size thing ( mines bigger ) I thought I might be permitted the post under the 'Hagan Precedent'.....

beetle wrote:
Hagan Precedent, eh?  Can't argue with that.

I wrode my GSX1100 to Coolamon for a beer once.

Hey, I just saw these insults.

Especially as I cannot remember -- which is well short of denial Wink -- my delict. 

Be that as it may, my feelings are now officially hurt. Sad

OK, I'm over it ... and kinda proud.  After all, I'll never have a bridge named after me.  cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Well Mr Hagan, a thousand apologies for any distress that the FIG may have caused... Razz
Ghetto cred coming your way, as restitution.

The Hagan Precedent
"on a GRiSO or any motorcycle?  Again, impressive. "

but never have a bridge huh...

there also seems to be a town...
Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:09 am

I rode 3,000 miles in 5 days from Northern Illinois to North Carolina, Eastern Tennessee, Northern Georgia, and back on my '12 Tenni. Poured rain all the way home. Sheepskin seat pad, throttle lock, & windscreen all helped! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 am

cbxtc6 wrote:
I rode 3,000 miles in 5 days from Northern Illinois to North Carolina, Eastern Tennessee, Northern Georgia, and back on my '12 Tenni.   Poured rain all the way home.  Sheepskin seat pad, throttle lock, & windscreen all helped!   Very Happy

When you do that?

Should have stopped in to get out of the rain on return. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your longest GRiSO trip?   What's your longest GRiSO trip? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What's your longest GRiSO trip?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next