GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Identify this machine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

Identify this machine Empty
PostSubject: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Guys,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What can you tell me about this machine ? Is it from a bike shop or a one off ?
What do you think donated the headlight ? What about the Ohlins forks, where did they come from ? Depending on the fork diameter, they'd need new yokes ? What about the exhaust, I like the look.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 pm

I’ll take the forks, they can keep the rest

It’s from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:01 pm

I thought it was probably a Millepercento offering. As usual nothing of real substance, just a load of bolt on extras and *New* styling cues that make it look like, well? That. If you like *That*? Fine. I wouldn't touch it with a twelve foot battle lance!

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 am

I think it looks too heavy, the GRiSO looks like a delicate flower by comparison.

GRiSO II, with the same running gear could have been sooo good.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 am

Millepercento has invested very heavy in developing new models, with building new frames and get them homologated. The Alba was the first, build mainly by Ghezzi. Very little in this world can say that.
If there is a company with a Guzzi heart, they are one of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks all !

I looked at the Millepercento website but couldn't see the parts I was curious about. Guess I'd have to contact them.

What's the collective knowledge about fitting Ohlins forks on a GRiSO ? Is there a donor bike that has specifications the same ? The Suzuki GSXR's or Aprilia's or Ducati monsters. Are any of them candidates ? Do the yokes fit or is it a simple machining job?

Pauldaytona, Pete R you just added golden forks to your green machine, Ghezzi, Waterbottle & Beetle, please chime in. Winter is upon us in the Northern hemisphere & we need something other than an oil thread to enjoy reading. jocolor
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:37 pm

The rsv mille forks from öhlins I have are 730mm long and top is 56/51mm diameter. The RSV has different fork diameter with the ohlins and non ohlins. So you are in the non ohlins camp, and move to the ohlins camp will make you adjust something. The bearings are the same so a complete set triple clamps from a tuono would fit in, only steering lock and mounting the dashboard might be different.

Just find yourself a tuono somewhere in a shop and measure some things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Identify this machine   Identify this machine Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Identify this machine
Page 1 of 1