GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Becker-Technik lifter

Go down 
+19
Pete Roper
Andrewpatrol
Buellbloke
CrazyBiker
bemac
mark111
hezovka
donlycan
sidrat
U2HHZC0MI2
Pulmu
nblades
sideshowbob
NorthernProducer
beetle
zebraranger
Phang
2highlander
davem
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

Becker-Technik lifter Empty
PostSubject: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:12 am

I recently bought a Becker-Technik lifter/stand and was less than impressed with the design.

Here is their video:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here is the lift on their web site:

First thing I found was the bushes on the lift that locate to the bolt heads on the frame where too small in bore diameter to fit the bolt heads securely.
I had to remove the bolts and reduce the heads diameter until they located to the lift bushes, not a good start.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This got the lift attached to the bike then the fun and games started. I couldn't get the bike upright and was risking a hernia and/or dropping the bike so sat back and had a think.
Off came the lift wheels and I bolted on a length of tubing which was laying around onto the lift side plate.

Hey presto the thing worked and up came the bike.

I may have missed something here and be getting a bit feeble in my dotage but I really could not have used the lifter without that extension bar. Becker do supply a lifting handle for the Jackal version so maybe they think GRiSO owners are a stronger bunch, who knows.

I did email the company and here is their response:

"Hello David,
thank you for you feedback.
I am sorry that you are not satisfied
The sockets at the lifter go just a little bit over the screw heads.
This is so that the black paint behind it is not damaged. So far this
has always worked.
I've always been able to do the lifting well as shown in the video. Is
your GRiSO possibly lowered? Then to lift up gets heavier.
At the end of the arms are 4-sqare holes. In it you can insert a tool
ratchet for extension to make the lifting easier.
I hope you can use the lifter anyway.
Cheers

Simon Becker,"

The bike is not lowered and there is no mention of using a wrench to aid lifting in their literature.

I am now using the stand and to be fair with my mods it is now a good bit of kit holding the bike solidly. The front can be jacked under the sump to get both wheels off he ground and I now have managed to  grease the rear suspension linkage easily and safely.
But you really should not have to piss around to get the thing to work properly.
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:51 am

I never had problems with the Becker part when using it like a main stand. Putting Your right foot on the short lever and grabbing the bike at the streetbar and the passenger's footrest it will come up easily when using all your weight. And with me that's not too much with 76 kg Wink
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 am

mine works perfectly too

as mentioned, right foot step on the short lever, left hand on left grip, right hand on left pillion foot rest, minimum effort.

Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:39 am

Same here, never really had any issues with it. There is a 3/4" square hole cut into the arms that will allow you to use a 3/4" breaker bar that gives you more leverage. It works an extension that does the same thing as your bolt on extension, I've used it from time to time.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:13 pm

No problems here, either. Although I did get the screws machined down like you did. It made me feel more secure.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 pm

No problems using mine. At my age, I have been known to use the breaker bar "extension" if it's late in the day... Smile
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm

No problems here either, but I did find you want to crank the wing nuts really tight.
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 pm

No problems here either. I like to use the 3 foot breaker bar. Work smart, not hard. Love my GRiSO lifter, I have no complaints.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:37 am

Thanks for the response about the lifter. I still think Becker should have supplied a lifting handle and the clamping action on the bolt heads is not ideal but hey the rest of you all can't be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:54 am

from your description, it seems like your GRiSO Lifter is a little too tall out of the box

I am very happy with the GRiSO Lifter, bought another one for my V11 Sport, they look very similar except the V11 Sport Lifter didn't come with the short extension bits for the pinch sockets

maybe you can share some measurements of your GRiSO Lift to compare with ours?
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:06 am

Phang wrote:
from your description, it seems like your GRiSO Lifter is a little too tall out of the box

I am very happy with the GRiSO Lifter, bought another one for my V11 Sport, they look very similar except the V11 Sport Lifter didn't come with the short extension bits for the pinch sockets

maybe you can share some measurements of your GRiSO Lift to compare with ours?

Looking at the height your rear wheel is off the ground I doubt my lifter is too tall.
Back to top Go down
Pulmu
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Pulmu

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 am

davem wrote:

Looking at the height your rear wheel is off the ground I doubt my lifter is too tall.

There are two diff spots you can use the lifter, have you tried both?

edit. Hello all, new GRiSO owner here..

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
U2HHZC0MI2
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
U2HHZC0MI2

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:16 pm

-figured it out-

Last edited by inplabth on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:08 pm

2mm of engagement is about right. I queried BT about it and they told me it's correct. I didn't feel comfortable with only 2mm each side holding up that much weight, so I got some screws with the heads machined down to 10mm. They then engaged 100%. However, many people use them the way they come without issue.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:43 pm

I use mine the way it is with no issues. I figure if it slipped off the screws then it would contact the aluminum housing that the screw sits in. Which would easily hold the weight. Just my two cents. Do what makes you feel comfortable, and then you can relax, knowing your safe.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:12 am

I honestly believe they should have supplied replacement frame bolts machined to match the stand pivot bushes. For a few pennies more it would have guaranteed a secure fit.
I bought a 18" breaker bar and use it to get the bike upright and still don't trust the stand without it.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:04 pm

I think it could be better designed in some ways, it would be nice to have replacement bolts provided that replace those the stand connects to. Its worked ok for me, but has put scratched in the paint, depsite my best endeavours.
Back to top Go down
donlycan
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
donlycan

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:00 pm

Where have you purchased the B-T stand? Price + shipping?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 am

I've ordered it at Moto Guzzi GRiSO-Lifter for 85 + 20.7 Eur two years ago. But shipping to US might be different. Price includes VAT as well, what should not be applicable for you.
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:17 pm

I have used my Becker Stand for 9 years and many dozens of times without issue.
I use an 18 inch breaker bar in the base square hole to make it easier to lift and have always found it stable and level on a flat surface.
Back to top Go down
bemac
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
bemac

PostSubject: hi just bought a becker stand for my 1100 GRiSO and found the same problem as the sockets dont fit over the bolt heads looks like i will have to machine down the bolt heads thanks for the info    Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:47 am

becker stand
Back to top Go down
CrazyBiker
Carlotto
Carlotto
CrazyBiker

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:30 am

I got one used for $60 locally. Works pretty well. The bolt mounting seems dicey but if you tighten the wing nuts tight it looks sturdy. Am not sure I would store the bike on it though ..
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:12 pm

Interesting funny this coming up now, seems some have issue with the bolt heads and some yet to have a nasty experience, at least people did in the past when this was posted, lets hope you never do.
Great the fact my very points were covered by davem in this original post. Bit like BMW no matter how faulty deny deny deny Laughing
This answers why my lift is so much easier to use, the Stelvio shock raising the height makes lifting the bike a breeze now  bom
Here's my tuppenth for any that missed it.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

PostSubject: Becker stand   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:56 am

I’m new owner of a GRiSO so my understanding of greasing the swingarm and shock linkage is that the left hand foot peg bracket needs to come off. Does this make the Becker stand unusable?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:22 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becker-Technik lifter   Becker-Technik lifter Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Becker-Technik lifter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next