GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)

Go down 
+16
Bill Hagan
JohnA
EricS
H-E-ROSS
Street
motor-timothy
nblades
anguscameron1966
nwryder
Guzzi Cat
NorthernProducer
paulbrice
sidrat
Pete Roper
beetle
DeepSpace
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 am

Yesterday i've traded in my long trusty friend, a R1150gsa, for a GRiSO. My 4th Guzzi in my collection. After putting 100.000km on the clock from which i did 80k it was time for something else. My frist bike is a 850T4 so i sort of got the MG virus.

After looking around a bit a year ago and seeing some GRiSO's being sold before i got my hands on it i decided to wait it out. I didn't want to buy one to have one. Last week i happend to look on the guzzi dealers website and found they had a Tenni! Called them, had a look, did a test drive and it's mine Razz Picking it up next week Smile

Not much to find for these things i have to say. Looking a bit into luggage systems etc. I know i won't be able to haul half the house hold with me like i did with the GS, but i'll find something Smile

Oh yeah, one question, is there something i really should do or need on the bike? (valve issue has been sorted by the dealer)
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:45 am

Welcome ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 am

When you say 'Valve issue has been sorted' do you mean it's been rollerised?

Other than that swingarm bearings and shock linkages are the 'Must Do's'.

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 am

welcome aboard, rollerise, grease the linkages, sort out the weak starting cabling and then ride it :-)
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks for the tips Smile I'll have a look to see what i need to do Smile
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Welcome; loads of luggage options depending on your style Wink ; C-bow fits well and works great if you are a minimalist and want to maintain cool lines ....I'm running an 09 Tenni 8V and only minor things = ride mainly & don't worry too much = to think about outside all the ones already posted (I never had weak starter cabling so may not hit you) include tyre pressure 'o'ring seals (mine still good and never touched but spokes are rusting to hell); clutch pull is pain in arse in town traffic; suspension 'sort out' front & back.....but aside from that & 'are valves actually rollerised or just replaced like with like?'; you have a fantastic machine to love & run forever !
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:40 am

Welcome, Long live the Tenni Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
nwryder
Carlotto
Carlotto
nwryder

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 am

Congrats. Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
anguscameron1966
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
anguscameron1966

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am

Congrats and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Welcome to the forum. I personally like the tank bag option, with the locking ring system. I just ordered a ring from Onur this week, and he messaged me to say he's making it right now. I'm going to run a small top box on the factory rear rack, with a 15 litre tank bag for the next summer and see how it goes. I'd like to get away from saddle bags if possible, but we'll see how it goes. Love the Tenni Green, cheers!

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Congratz on your new bike, I actually looked at that very same bike at TLM two summers ago (at least I think its the same one, same colour, year & similar mileage at least). It's the best looking GRiSO imho.

If it hasn't been done yet I'd replace the stock rubber spark plug caps with these:(https://www.rad.eu/nl/c/p/51159-ngk-bougiedop-sd05e.htm). It's a cheap and easy preventive fix for the rubber atrocities that come with the bike and tear when looking at them the wrong way, potentially causing misfiring issues and in my case resulted in a non-working cylinder resulting in unburned fuel getting into the catalytic converter and turning the silencer forever brown.

Then there is the infamous startus interruptus issue I'm currently tackling myself and you should read up on if you haven't already.
Carry a bag of 15A fuses under the seat at all times Wink

Luggage is a bit restricted on the GRiSO if you want to maintain the look. Those aluminium square boxes while practical look acceptable on a BMW, on a piece of art like the GRiSO not so much. My bike came with a topbox which I removed and is now gathering dust, just so damn ugly. Mine also came with the official side panniers, though not bad I'd never recommend them as they are outrageously priced and rather small due to their unusual form. After a small accident one of the zippers has torn so I'm using the opportunity to upgrade to some black leather sidebags, but they still won't hold much. For longer travels I simply strap a 50L rollbag on the rear luggage rack.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Welcome, Deep Space!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Welcome! The Tenni was my first choice but a Black Devil came my way. I have both the large and small Guzzi tank bags as well as the Guzzi tail bag designed for the factory rack. I use all of them at different times. For trips I have outfitted with a couple of Boulder Dry bags. Motech bags however might be a better option for you, on your side of the pond. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Welcome aboard! The folks here have a wealth of knowledge and passion for the GRiSO. You're in good hands...
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

motor-timothy wrote:
Congratz on your new bike, I actually looked at that very same bike at TLM two summers ago (at least I think its the same one, same colour, year & similar mileage at least). It's the best looking GRiSO imho.

If it hasn't been done yet I'd replace the stock rubber spark plug caps with these It's a cheap and easy preventive fix for the rubber atrocities that come with the bike and tear when looking at them the wrong way, potentially causing misfiring issues and in my case resulted in a non-working cylinder resulting in unburned fuel getting into the catalytic converter and turning the silencer forever brown.

Then there is the infamous startus interruptus issue I'm currently tackling myself and you should read up on if you haven't already.
Carry a bag of 15A fuses under the seat at all times Wink

Luggage is a bit restricted on the GRiSO if you want to maintain the look. Those aluminium square boxes while practical look acceptable on a BMW, on a piece of art like the GRiSO not so much. My bike came with a topbox which I removed and is now gathering dust, just so damn ugly. Mine also came with the official side panniers, though not bad I'd never recommend them as they are outrageously priced and rather small due to their unusual form. After a small accident one of the zippers has torn so I'm using the opportunity to upgrade to some black leather sidebags, but they still won't hold much. For longer travels I simply strap a 50L rollbag on the rear luggage rack.

This one got imported in 2015 here in Holland from northern Italy of all places, it can be the same bike indeed.

I will look into the issues for sure. As for luggage, was thinking of the Kriega street bags but will need to look into something to keep them from floating into the back wheel. Maybe the C-Bow from H&B will work and that fits nicely on the bike. Roll bag i still have. Very handy indeed. Maybe a tank bag would be nice too, never needed that on the beemer Razz

Was looking at the carc protectors too. Maybe just the simple "tube" or that LCG thing not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:37 am

Here's one fix for the Startus-Interruptus. It came with a 15 amp fuse which blew a few times before I switched to a 20 amp (advice from Pete Roper) and it's been fine ever since.

Welcome to the Ghetto!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:50 am

Welkom.

Ik wens je veel mijlen van Guzzi lacht!

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Welcome!

The italian manufacture Bikes and Bags are offering many luggage options for your GRiSO

Check them out:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:45 am

Thx! Their Luggage rack might not be a bad idea icw the Kriega bags Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:22 am

Here is Tenni with C-bow & soft bags [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:48 am

doesn't look that bad either Smile How far off are is the C Bow from the seat? And how much room do you have between the exhaust and the bag?
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:14 am

paulbrice wrote:
Here is Tenni with C-bow & soft bags [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That looks sweet. I have been thinking about getting the C bow system. Right now I have a ventura system that came on the bike and will probably remove that to get the c bow installed and the rear rack and make a way to mount my Givi 52.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:16 am

one more nigth .... bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:08 am

Not sure if this works, but the GRiSO is home Smile

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)   Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hi all, new GRiSO 1200se Tenni owner :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next