GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors

Go down 
+7
BobW981
beetle
Buellbloke
Bill Dee
Papa Lazarou
Pete Roper
poppleton
11 posters
AuthorMessage
poppleton
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
poppleton

GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:34 am

hi just received my 2016 1200se were can i buy cylinder head protectors thanks gaz
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:44 am

Well, it's very difficult really.

Unlike the old 2V motors there is no real way you can add some sort of 'Slider bar' protector on the 8V.

Evans Mott, a member here from NZ, has made some CF sliders for his rocker covers but I've just resigned myself to replacing a rocker cover if I trowel my Grisos. Sad

There are a variety of crash bars available, or there were a few years back, but the way they all mounted always worried me because the transfer forces direct to the crankcase or timing chest cover and smashing one of those is always a write off event.

In truth, Grisos crash well, (Ask Beetle. He is the 'Crashmeister'!). My advice? Be careful!

Bill Hagan and Bill Dee like this post

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:59 am

worthy getting a carc protector though

poppleton likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:08 am

Hmmmm. OK, I'm in twominds on them too. Problem is the 'Bar' type ones mount on the brake caliper mounting lugs. On the bevelbox casting. Now if it gets walloped hard it could snap off the lugs and the castings were never available as a separate part, you had to but the whole bevelbox.

Two things.

1.) I've never seen a busted lug so I'm probably full of shit! Very Happy

2.) Second hand cases are ten a penny nowadays so I'm probably even more full of shit! Laughing Rolling Eyes Razz

Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:10 am

You ... Pete ... FOS... Never.

Back to top Go down
poppleton
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
poppleton

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:20 am

hi thanks lads i will leave it good advise
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:15 am

mind you, these are good looking and might actually work.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
poppleton
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
poppleton

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:13 am

thanks papa just what i looking for but out of stock i will try in spring next year
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 pm

Papa Lazarou wrote:

They wont sell any of that stock to the UK, tried when they had stock, emailed them but evidently I dont type in french or italian so they didnt respond.
There is a UK based French/Italian youtube reviewer of the 1200 GRiSO with an Orange SE called "Type One".
He has most of everything they KC34 sell for his GRiSO, he is French or Italian and probably bought most of it by visiting them.

I have some bar type crash bars from Guzzibits they mount on the main front engine mounts.

Also seen a few bikes with these carbon rocker cover protectors, though am thinking they are hiding crash damage.
These early rockers are significantly more expensive than the later ones.
Cheaper to hide the damage with carbon fibre bonded to the surface than replace them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Buellbloke on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:29 pm

Here’s what you do. Buy a spare set of valve covers, some JB Weld, wet & dry paper, and heat proof paint. When you step off, put the new cover on. If tha damaged cover has been holed, bin it and buy another. If it’s just scratched up, get to JB Welding, sanding, and painting. Put it aside for the next time.

I’ve done this a couple of times several times a lot.

Thanks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny, Buellbloke and Pawel Spoon like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
BobW981
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
BobW981

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:53 pm

Buellbloke wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:

They wont sell any of that stock to the UK, tried when they had stock, emailed them but evidently I dont type in french or italian so they didnt respond.
There is a UK based French/Italian youtube reviewer of the 1200 GRiSO with an Orange SE called "Type One".
He has most of everything they sell for his GRiSO, he is French or Italian and probably bought most of it by visiting them.

KC34 have some good stuff for Guzzis. Their website has drop down menus for your nationality, nothing for UK, EU only.

I’ve tried to contact them by many means. I sent emails with English and Italian, no reply. Sent a bilingual txt message to their mobile, no reply.
I even tried ringing them on landline, but no reply. I started to wonder whether they’d closed down due to Covid.

I’ve since given up. In all honesty since the curse of Brexit, ordering anything from Europe to the UK is too much hassle with duties and taxes to pay. Sad days 😰

Bob
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:57 pm

beetle wrote:
Here’s what you do. Buy a spare set of valve covers, some JB Weld, wet & dry paper, and heat proof paint. When you step off, put the new cover on. If tha damaged cover has been holed, bin it and buy another. If it’s just scratched up, get to JB Welding, sanding, and painting. Put it aside for the next time.

I’ve done this a couple of times  several times  a lot.

Thanks
A spare set for an early bike new is close to £800 as opposed to £180 for a pair of late model ones.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:08 pm

BobW981 wrote:
KC34 have some good stuff for Guzzis. Their website has drop down menus for your nationality, nothing for UK, EU only.

I’ve tried to contact them by many means. I sent emails with English and Italian, no reply. Sent a bilingual txt message to their mobile, no reply.
I even tried ringing them on landline, but no reply. I started to wonder whether they’d closed down due to Covid.

I’ve since given up. In all honesty since the curse of Brexit, ordering anything from Europe to the UK is too much hassle with duties and taxes to pay. Sad days 😰

Bob

There is lot's of places doing business for motorcycles in the EU to the UK that already factor in customs duties by using a carrier.

Motea, FC-Moto, Louis to name a few. Bandit Helmets used to be a sole .GMBH contact though since have a UK distributor.

KC34 in my opinion come across as a bunch of ignorant foreign pricks, lets of hope the f*ckers do go out of business or already have.
Crying shame as they make some tasty radical pieces, particularly like the Carc Protector those Crash Bars and Oil Cooler Covers. Even the Fuel cap Insert is a nice piece. Sad

Last edited by Buellbloke on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:54 am

KC34 has always been thus ......nothing to do with Brexit ! Lots of places in Europe have always been & continue to be easy to do business with.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:00 am

paulbrice wrote:
KC34 has always been thus ......nothing to do with Brexit !  Lots of places in Europe have always been & continue to be easy to do business with.

The drop down menu ships to Ireland, they were partly british up until our government ditched them recently.
You can't blame them for not liking this colony though tarring all Guzzi owners with the same brush is outrageous Sad
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:32 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Hmmmm. OK, I'm in twominds on them too. Problem is the 'Bar' type ones mount on the brake caliper mounting lugs. On the bevelbox casting. Now if it gets walloped hard it could snap off the lugs and the castings were never available as a separate part, you had to but the whole bevelbox.

Two things.

1.) I've never seen a busted lug so I'm probably full of shit! Very Happy

2.) Second hand cases are ten a penny nowadays so I'm probably even more full of shit! Laughing Rolling Eyes Razz

FWIW -- a very low standard Rolling Eyes  -- I bought the "bar" type CARC protector for my Norge before I decided that the (always on) panniers would do the job.  Moved it to the GRiSO when I got that beast in 2011.  Two years later I did a righthand low-sider while making a 90º turn ... with sand provided at no extra charge.  Shocked

The pavement filed the bar down a bit while sliding, but no damage whatever to the CARC or brake assembly.

Again, FWIW, and -- unless I count my 1960-vintage crashes on little Yams Wink -- I am not a Crashmaster to Beetle's level of play.  Very Happy

Bill

P.S.  Just back from GRiSO run to Kentucky for mutton, bourbon, and beer.  Naturally, I'll post too many pix soon.  cheers

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:36 am

We should probably take your real world experience over my paranoia then Bill..... Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:54 pm

The carbon protector on the carc came with the bike. I added the carbon medallion to cover the scuff marks.

When I hit a bunch of gravel and rocks dropped by a truck I was slowing down for traffic lights so not
massive damage to the rocker cover, carc cover, oil cooler flange and my knee.

The carbon fibre I built up on the rocker cover is 6mm thick. It saved me replacing the plastic cover and rocker cover.

I'm thinking of adding a 1/2 round of bronze on the top corner.
This wouldn't spark sliding down the road and would give excellent protection.
To make  these covers in carbon or fibreglass is not hard.

BobW981 and Buellbloke like this post

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:20 pm

KC-34 won't ship to the US either, Pricks.

Buellbloke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors   GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 1200se cylinder head protectors
Page 1 of 1