GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Added some farkles today

Go down 
+8
JohnA
sidrat
Pete Roper
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
beetle
Bill Hagan
cognosticator
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Added some farkles today Empty
PostSubject: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Today I installed the Emgo cowling, some pazzo knockoff and an oil cooler grill. I may put the big windshield back on for the remainder of the winter though. I like the air from the Emgo as I usually cut every windshield down to nothing when I get a new bike but the windshield that came on this bike is nice in cold weather.

Here are some pictures

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C Bow and rear rack installed Saturday

Pazzo knockoff, these adjust the length as well as flip up if the bike hits the ground so you don't break the lever

Highway pegs and engine guards

Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Farkles?  That's a rolling bordello.  Very Happy

Seriously, you may have mentioned before, but what hand guards did you install?

I've been so hurt by Pete Roper's insults of them, I think I'll pull my Stelvio ones off my GRiSO and see if they'll fit on the Stornello.  Yours are way less obtrusive, but not sure how effective in keeping wind blast in cold weather.  Know it never gets cold down there Wink, but with heated grips, those I have now make a big difference, and even keep rain off ... well, a slong as I keep moving, anyway.

Bill

P.S.  Know you are a haul from Suches, but the 2018 Georgia Guzzi Campout is at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 28-30 September.  Always a fun unrally.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:17 pm

Er... can we see a pic with you astride, with feet on highway pegs? Looks a bit contortiony.

Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:38 pm

beetle wrote:
Er...  can we see a pic with you astride, with feet on highway pegs?  Looks a bit contortiony.

Shocked

They are too high to be comfortable for any time but since the bar is curved I had to mount them where they are. They really need to be a lot lower.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

I've been so hurt by Pete Roper's insults of them, I think I'll pull my Stelvio ones off my GRiSO and see if they'll fit on the Stornello.  Yours are way less obtrusive, but not sure how effective in keeping wind blast in cold weather.  Know it never gets cold down there Wink, but with heated grips, those I have now make a big difference, and even keep rain off ... well, a slong as I keep moving, anyway.

Bill

P.S.  Know you are a haul from Suches, but the 2018 Georgia Guzzi Campout is at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 28-30 September.  Always a fun unrally.

I got the handguards from Amazon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and they are very effective. It can get cold down here, we had some mornings in the 20's last month. I was wondering when the Guzzi rally was going to be and I will plan on being there. . I put on a Concours Owners Group rally the weekend after Labor day at TWoS. This year will be our 24th annual and I can't remember how many it makes with me being the rallymeister. A couple of years ago I went to a Guzzi rally at Blue Ridge Motorcycle campground when I had my Stelvio. Do you know if they will have it again this year?
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:33 pm

I'mmmmm, speechless.
Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

Bill

To hell with Pete Roper's insults! Function outstrips looks where winter riding is concerned. I go with the same axiom I use with the studded snows on my pickup; they make me happy twice a  year!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 pm

This is the reason I have a Stelvio! It's so incredibly butt-ugly it doesn't make any difference what you do to it because you can't make it worse! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 am

Love the fairing, because i love the eddie lawson rep and ZXR kawasaki!
I like the lights too, but I will probably just replace the headlight with an led one
I dont like hand guards, but i have to say those are the most unobtrusive i have seen, good job!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 am

Can you post a full picture of your bike with the fairing, thanks
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:42 am

cognosticator wrote:

They are too high to be comfortable for any time but since the bar is curved I had to mount them where they are.  They really need to be a lot lower.

I'm trying to picture how your legs clear the jugs. I'm just not seeing it.

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:33 am

beetle wrote:
cognosticator wrote:

They are too high to be comfortable for any time but since the bar is curved I had to mount them where they are.  They really need to be a lot lower.

scratch

Ask a girl Shocked that is the end of any sexist remarks
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:59 am

beetle wrote:
cognosticator wrote:

scratch

I will see if I can get some pictures of me on the bike. The crash bars extend out past the jugs so the highway pegs are even farther out. I tested them while sitting still but I will take it for a test ride this afternoon. It supposed to be 75° F here today
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:13 am

sidrat wrote:
Love the fairing, because i love the eddie lawson rep and ZXR kawasaki!
I like the lights too, but I will probably just replace the headlight with an led one
I dont like hand guards, but i have to say those are the most unobtrusive i have seen, good job!

I tried an LED light but the bucket isn't deep enough to install one.

The hand guards are easy to install and remove and when it warms up they will be coming off.

I got the lights and mounting bracket from advmonster.com and they are affordable and work great
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:14 am

sidrat wrote:
Can you post a full picture of your bike with the fairing, thanks

I will get one this afternoon
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Here are some pictures of the fairing, I will have to wait until my son comes home to get a picture of me on the bike with my feet on the highway pegs for Beetle. I am still not sure if I like the look of it on the bike. For $60 it was worth it to see. It may grow on me though. I am doing a track class in a couple of weeks so I will leave it on until then.

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Bike looks good Jerry. You've done a lot in a short time......tune up, tires, and all of the above. No moss on you.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:38 pm

I think that fairing looks pretty Charp!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:46 pm

JohnA wrote:
Bike looks good Jerry. You've done a lot in a short time......tune up, tires, and all of the above. No moss on you.

Thanks, I usually throw a lot of money in a new bike then turn around and sell it for a loss LOL

Not this time, I finally found my keeper. I should have gotten a GRiSO in Sept 2016 instead of an older R1200GS. I did ride a 2010 GRiSO, it wasn't rollerized and I tried to get the guy to come down $1,500 to have it done and he said no.

I think I am about through putting money in it for a while, I usually throw an Ohlin shock the first thing but I am holding off for a while on that.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Street wrote:
I think that fairing looks pretty Charp!

Thanks, I am sure it will grow on me, especially when it gets hot here. I like to feel the air on me when I ride
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:37 pm

It's kind of similar to the Yamaha Stryker cowl I put on mine, but mine cost a small fortune compared to yours.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
ZumWohl
Carlotto
Carlotto
ZumWohl

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:56 pm

cognosticator wrote:

I tried an LED light but the bucket isn't deep enough to install one.

Can you elaborate on this?  I was just about to buy a Cyclops H4 LED bulb (found on Guzzitech and elsewhere) when I saw this.  According to GT it should work in the GRiSO, but I'd like to hear about your LED experience.

Here's a link direct from Cyclops site    
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, a general question to all; this is 3800 Lumen...they also offer a 7000 Lumen, but wouldn't that burn out the retinas of oncoming drivers?  I work 2nd shift so nighttime performance is important, but I need to play nice with other road users.

Thanks for any info you can provide! (I have a 2015 GRiSO)

Cheers,
Don
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 am

Hey Don, i think the biggest problem with the standard light is the spread. I have fitted a brighter bulb, but all you get is a brighter very small patch of light!

Jerry, i think, was looking at a complete replacement, i thought they fitted as Mark (beetle) has one on his satsuma bike, but i cannot rememeber if he has also changed the whole holder.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 am

I love you fairing Street, but i do not love the cost. I think Jerry's fairing would look better on my bike than his as mine gloss black :-)

I also like the GRiSO with a Le-Mans fairing on it but that looks like lots of work and i dont want to change the GRiSO that much!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:53 am

sidrat wrote:

Jerry, i think, was looking at a complete replacement, i thought they fitted as Mark (beetle) has one on his satsuma bike, but i cannot rememeber if he has also changed the whole holder.

The Jeep LED comes as a complete waterproof assembly. I ditched the headlight shell as superfluous to requirements.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Added some farkles today   Added some farkles today Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Added some farkles today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next