GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

LED turn signal options

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ITSecurity
Carlotto
Carlotto

LED turn signal options Empty
PostSubject: LED turn signal options   LED turn signal options Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:34 pm

A search of the forum didn't lead me where I needed to go, so I'll start a new thread.

I'd like to put LED turn signals on the GRiSO, but I'd also very much like to avoid issues with the CANbus errors and I'd rather not use the external resistors (where do you hide them on a bike with no fairing?). Has anyone found an option that has the required components embedded in the housing rather than external? I noticed that AF1 has one product listed as appropriate for Aprilias that use a similar ECM, but I don't know whether those bikes have the resistors already in their harness or if the units are designed to avoid the problem.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signal options   LED turn signal options Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:07 pm

I've seen LED blinker lamps with built-in resistors. Or are you replacing the blinker assembly?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ITSecurity
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signal options   LED turn signal options Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:13 pm

beetle wrote:

I've seen LED blinker lamps with built-in resistors. Or are you replacing the blinker assembly?

I'll probably replace the assemblies. The tail-tidy that was installed by a previous owner places the rear signals at a funny angle; it's not bad with filament bulbs, but LEDs tend to lose visibility quickly when seen at an angle. Besides, the stock turn signal assemblies are not terribly attractive anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED turn signal options   LED turn signal options Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LED turn signal options
Page 1 of 1