GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New to GRiSO - what to look for

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
porkchops
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
porkchops

New to GRiSO - what to look for Empty
PostSubject: New to GRiSO - what to look for   New to GRiSO - what to look for Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 am

Hello all! I am new to the forum and new to the Moto Guzzi line. Having seen my first GRiSO last year I have been on the hunt for one. A friend found me a 2010 with 11,000 miles on it with no service history. Super clean bike with an Arrow exhaust.
So here is the question; other than the tappet issue what should I look for on the bike? Over the years I have bought lots of used bikes so I know to look for normal stuff but did not know if I needed to check on anything specific to the GRiSO.

Look forward to reading and learning as much as I can here, just needed to ask this now because I am going to see the bike in the morning.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this!
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO - what to look for   New to GRiSO - what to look for Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:34 am

Hi & welcome - here is a recent thread asking roughly similar question: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Happy hunting !
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO - what to look for   New to GRiSO - what to look for Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am

Hello, the only major issue is the rollerization of the tappets. All the other things, apart from startus interuptus and a beetle map for the hesitant running are typical of mose bikes of its age and build.

Good luck! and post some pictures
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO - what to look for   New to GRiSO - what to look for Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:45 pm

Swingarm and shock linkage bearings will need greasing. That's it. Mapping it up will make it far more fun.
Back to top Go down
GuZeee
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GuZeee

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO - what to look for   New to GRiSO - what to look for Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Look for oil leaks too. That can be a major repair to fix (rear main seal).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to GRiSO - what to look for   New to GRiSO - what to look for Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New to GRiSO - what to look for
Page 1 of 1