GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

4-Pin Connector for headlight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

4-Pin Connector for headlight Empty
PostSubject: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Hoping someone can direct me to a source for the (white)4-pin connector below. I'm having a bear of a time finding it locally. The other end is the H4 headlight receptacle and i was hoping not to cut the stock (black) plug in case i want to go back to stock setup.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks!
JL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have a look here ............
Back to top Go down
Doud
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doud

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:26 pm

I actually bought some from China. Alixpress has them in all configs.
pm me & I could post you one with terminals (Male or female or both?)
Back to top Go down
kraken2
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kraken2

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:24 am

I recently upgraded my GRiSO's headlight with a bucket and harness from Motodemic.com.
They were very friendly and easy to deal with... will probably sell just the harness/plug.
Back to top Go down
ZumWohl
Carlotto
Carlotto
ZumWohl

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:50 pm

kraken2 wrote:
I recently upgraded my GRiSO's headlight with a bucket and harness from Motodemic.com.
They were very friendly and easy to deal with... will probably sell just the harness/plug.

Kraken2...can you 'shed some light' on your installation? I went to Motodemic's site but couldn't quite understand what would work. What headlight and bucket did you get? Did you have to use a different connector? How do you like the product...especially when riding after dark?

Thanks - Don
Back to top Go down
relayer
Carlotto
Carlotto
relayer

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:37 am

Hi Don,

On the Motodemic site hover over Products, then manufacturers at the top of the list then click on Moto Guzzi for the plug and play headlights.

Cheers!

Ray
Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 am

Kraken2 and Doud: THANK YOU. Will PM each.

Best,
JL
Back to top Go down
Doud
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Doud

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Information on connector supplier:

Only issue is the China post is really SLOW!

You can even source the other type of Guzzi connector from ebay, eg the 3 pin used on the OBD2 connector:

Keep in mind you may need a decent set of crimpers for these connectors (a properly crimped connector is superior to a soldered joint because the solder wicks up the wire, & vibration can cause fatigue. The best crimpers fold the end into the wire (they have a V in the centre of one side). I am lucky, because I got a set of crimpers in the dark ages that have 4 different sized crimpers in the one tool. The 'back' should fit snuggly around the terminal so the 'ears' curl around & in tightly forming a gas-tight seal. (have a look at a production crimp to see what I mean).

End of rant...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4-Pin Connector for headlight   4-Pin Connector for headlight Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

4-Pin Connector for headlight
Page 1 of 1