GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A word of warning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

A word of warning Empty
PostSubject: A word of warning   A word of warning Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 am

Don't do what I've just done.

I decided to take the rear body panel off and to remove it entirely from the bike I released the cable from the under seat locking mechanism.
The fun and games started when I put the panel back on and reconnected the cable to the locking mechanism but forgot to crimp the cable to the actuating rod.
On went the seat but when I tried to take it off again the bastard thing was locked on. The key did nothing to release the the seat.

Panic set in, I was stuck with no obvious way to get the seat off. Luckily I had to take the wife out for a meal and while talking to her but really racking my brains about getting the seat off it came to me.

Obviously with the seat still on I managed to get the rear panel partly off plus the under tray far enough down to reach up from above the wheel to release the catch and off popped the seat.

So from a simple procedure I had spent a couple of hours head scratching  and getting skinned knuckles, but one things for sure it won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

A word of warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A word of warning   A word of warning Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 am

Good you got sorted, and thanks for the warning........reminds me of the old joke about the gynaecologist who wallpapered his hallway through his letterbox from outside
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

A word of warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A word of warning   A word of warning Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:14 pm

You're not alone, I did a similar thing with a Cali 1400. I removed the lock mechanism from the side panel so could remove the panel from the bike altogether. When I replaced it, I forgot to refit the lock, and I didn't realize it until I had slapped the seat back on!

Of course the side panel could not be removed because the seat was hiding the two upper screws, and the lock was somewhere behind the panel. Somehow I managed to find the cable and pull on it to open the seat. I'm more careful now (yeah, right!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A word of warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: A word of warning   A word of warning Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A word of warning
Page 1 of 1