GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Service Warning

Go down 
+3
tvboy
Pete Roper
Hyde73
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Big thanks to the Ghetto for all of the information on how to change out your rear suspension. Over the weekend I jacked the bike up, propped up the air box to access the top of the rear suspension, and swapped out the stock for an Ohlins. When I got everything back together and turned the ignition over, I got the red warning light on the dash and a “SERVICE” notice. I’m thinking I must have moved and/or pinched something while putting everything back together. I stripped it down again and all connections seem to be in order. This is a new to me bike, 2014 with 3,500 miles on it. So it shouldn’t be in need of a service. When I go into the dash Menu and go to Diagnosis, it asks for a code. Is there a generic one to enter that will either reset the warning or tell me what the issue is? Past bikes have had a flashing code that you can check with the manual, but I’m not sure how the Guzzi system works.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm

The service code is at the top of the Ghetto page 12425. See what error codes are up there for both ECU and dashboard. Try and clear them, if they don’t clear tell us what they are and we can tell you what you’ve done. My guess is you tugged and disconnected either the speedo sensor connection or the rear brake light connection while faffing about with the shock. Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Pete,

I’m great at tugging on things. So, the ECU code that showsn an X is 16. Everything else is in order in both ECU and Dashboard. So what did I F up?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Air temperature sensor, on the top right of the airbox. Check it isn’t unplugged and then trace the wiring.
Back to top Go down
Hyde73
Carlotto
Carlotto
Hyde73

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Thank You.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 pm

So I went for a chilly but sunny ride tonight and pulled up to a stop light grinning at how well this thing runs. Suddenly the red triangle and SERVICE appears then after 20 seconds goes out.
I continued riding for about another 20 minutes to get home.
I searched  the 'Ghetto' and found this page and the service code (12425). BTW, the info is in the service manual ELE Section. I got into the bike's menu and found no faults in the ECU section but saw two faults in the dash menu. 07 and 08.
Those appear to be oil pressure switch fault (07) and oil pressure fault (08).
I was able to reset both errors but haven't ridden it since. There's plenty of oil on the stick. Full mark.

Question: The switch was replaced two years ago and there's plenty of oil in the sump. Any thoughts what might have caused the warning light to come on and then go out? Maybe temporary low pressure while idling or some other quirk? Possible flaky pressure switch if a MG part was used? I think a tank removal may be in my future.

Last edited by tvboy on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 pm

The 07 and 08 dash warnings are almost certainly memorised faults that are a hangover from your bike's last oil and filter change. If the filter is not pre-filled before installation, when the engine is started the few seconds it needs for the filter to be filled and oil pressure to build lead to the dash detecting a low pressure situation and throwing an error but because as soon as the filter fills and pressure comes good it cancels them but keeps a memorised fault in the dash.

You won't have an oil problem, or it's unlikely, unless you get the 'Oil Can' symbol on the dash.

Was it wet when this occurred!

Pete
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:08 pm

The dealer changed the oil when he roller-ized it in October.
I can't say if he pre-filled the filter. I would have.
It wasn't raining during my ride (which is why I rode). Everything is bone dry and clean. No oil residue anywhere.
This is the first time I've seen any alarms since purchase in Sept.
I've never looked at the service codes before now so I don't know if the faults were in there from before or not. I regret not checking for errors before to establish a baseline. I didn't think of it.
Maybe the errors were stored from two years ago when the original switch presumably failed and was then replaced by a crappy dealer in Pittsburgh. It could be they didn't clear the faults.
I think I'll just ride and watch. If the alarm/fault returns then I'll know more.
I have no reason to suspect a bad pump. At least I don't think I do.
I'll head to Napa Auto Parts for a suitable replacement switch if the present switch proves faulty.
This is a small reminder I bought a used bike. It's easy to forget that fact.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 am

Dunno about the US but I have replacements for all the 'Common' switches from AM suppliers.

If there is a further problem it won't be likely to be the pump. The more likely culprit will be the gasket betwixt the sump spacer and block.

Pete
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Good point about the gasket.
I'm guessing it's not the problem at this point.
My engine was well warmed up (relatively thin oil?) and I was idling at an unusually long light. I'm thinking it sensed a temporary low pressure for a few seconds.
As a side note, I got the low fuel light and filled up right away.
It took 3.5 gallons which means .9 gal were remaining.
Exactly what the book says. Nice to know.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm

Hope you mean 3.5 litres tvboy.
I would suggest circa 3.2 litres is best to limit oil blow through into the air box
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:57 pm

If you got an oil warning while idling in hot weather I'd be immediately going in to check the gasket between the sump and block. As stated previously it's more likely a hangover from an un filled filter at the last oil change.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:59 pm

GHTE wrote:
Hope you mean 3.5 litres tvboy.
I would suggest circa 3.2 litres is best to limit oil blow through into the air box

He's talking fuel not oil I believe.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:09 pm

Correct. I meant my low fuel light came on when it was suppose to.
I've been wondering if it was accurate. It seems to be.
Didn't mean to mix the two topics.
I was going to change the oil and filter  when I got the bike back after getting rollers but the dealer changed it for me without my knowledge so I don't know if he pre-filled the filter.
He also over-filled the sump so I drained a bunch out. It's near the FULL mark when hot so it could stand to have some more removed. So far no problem with oil accumulating in the air box but the clear oil drain hose has some standing oil in it sometimes. I don't know if that's normal regardless of oil level in the sump.
As I mentioned, I'll keep an eye on it for future SERVICE alerts and I'll be doing the next oil change myself.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Just change the sump gaskets and be done with it. It's a known problem. And $25 later, you KNOW it's good.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:01 pm

That's a good idea. I'll buy a set and change them next oil change.
Just finished a 75 mile jaunt with no alarm lights. No news is good news .
Back to top Go down
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:56 am

Hi
Had my shock out also and my service light also came on. I went into my dash and i have ECU56 speed cencor.would this trigger service warnig ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:21 am

Yes. Check the sensor wiring, it may be damaged.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Just checked the wires and see no damage,any way to check sensor ? No dealer close have to order. Can not get it to clear out. Order one right.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:15 pm

What about the connector?

As for testing the sensor, it should read something even just pushing the bike. If the speedo stays on zero when rolling or riding, chances are it's either buggered or disconnected.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Everything looks good removed wire and checked.jacked up and it does read mph. I have red triangle and service light on with ecu56 on error code nothing else comes up?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:47 pm

If it's showing a speed sensor error the logical thing to do is replace the speed sensor. Given the early ones are a known weak point I'd just do it and see if it fixes it.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Pull the connector and confirm a good ground on the pin with the blue/green wire. Check volts on the pin with the red/black wire.

Try clearing the error. If no luck, pull the main fuses for a couple of minutes.

Then if it doesn't clear....replace the sensor.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:53 am

Thanks for your help,will check and get one coming. Our season is just starting and want to ride,first start up and this.
Catch ya later
Back to top Go down
2 geese
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
2 geese

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1Wed May 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Got my new sensor,installed it and still could not clear the  ecu 56 service warning. Was poking around other forums and someone on vll lemans forum had simillar problem. Someone there there said ride it and it will clear itself.rode it today and  it cleared itself.  DAM d ont know what happened but its fixed. First ride with my traxxion rebuilt shock and she goes very good i like it. YEAH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Service Warning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service Warning   Service Warning Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Service Warning
Page 1 of 1