GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Suggestions for Windshield

Go down 
+12
cognosticator
H-E-ROSS
sideshowbob
motor-timothy
Grisonut
Bill Hagan
nblades
JohnA
sidrat
beetle
Street
FrontRangeRider
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Forgot to mention the 'better quality & look' universal brackets were MRA ones similar to pic above on red GRiSO
Back to top Go down
EricS
Biondino
Biondino
EricS

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:00 am

motor-timothy wrote:
Does anyone have experience with adjustable 'clip-on' spoilers on top of the small OEM windscreen? (such as this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

I purchased the small OEM windscreen about a year ago but other than looking cool and protecting the dash when riding in rain, it really doesn't do anything....at all.
So I'm pondering the thought of adding one of those adjustable spoilers on it, as I'm going on a long trip to Naples this summer (excavation in Pompeii) which means loooooong stretches of highway. However the 'italian' shape of the OEM windscreen doesn't inspire much confidence that such adjustable spoilers would even attach properly. Plus, do they even help at all against the wind?

I use a MRA clip-on spoiler with a larger National Cycle screen and it works wonderfully. Adjust able for height and angle, I'm able to set it up for cold days to block almost all the wind and down when not needed. Only problem is that on my taller windshield, it causes a fair amount of flex/bounce at highway speed as the big shield does not have handlebar stays to stabilize it.

This what it looks like on the V7 (sorry, can't find a picture installed on the GRiSO):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 am

Bill Hagan wrote:

Had to look up the Emgo.

Is this it?

Too tall for my tastes, but I can see the allure, and form and function seem combined nicely.

Bill

That's fine, i'll take her. No worries Laughing
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue May 01, 2018 8:14 pm

I ended up going with the MRA VTNB windshield.  I did not like it on the first ride a few days ago but readjusted the shield to get it closer to the 45 degree angle recommended by the manufacturer.  Big difference and a good addition.  Even with the steady 30 mph winds and occasional gusts today, I was in relatively turbulence free air the entire ride (80+ miles).  I have not decided on my preferred setting for the spoiler; it seems to work well in most of the positions I've tried.  

Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 am

FrontRangeRider wrote:
I ended up going with the MRA VTNB windshield.  

Nice looking windshield. I had one of those on my Concours and it was great year round.

Where did you get it and I looked on Twisted Throttle and with all the BS I have to buy with it the cost was 229.00. Is that correct. Thanks and looks like you had a great fluid warm up day
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Yes, it was $229.90 from Twisted Throttle. I think they are the only folks who sell the MRA products in the US. $174 for the windshield and another $56 for the mounting kit.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2018 8:41 pm

I just finished installing a barn door on the GRiSO

The National Cycle Street Shield EX is removable and will only be used when on tour mode.  It definately does not do the GRiSO justice but it will be off the bike most of the time

Seems solid and high qualiry; it picks up on 4 locatins on the bike.

Some simple mods and part changes are needed on the windshield if you choose to go this route. PM me as i have extra parts available.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for Windshield   Suggestions for Windshield - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for Windshield
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2