GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stepper motor shutoff

Go down 
+4
paulbrice
GuzziSteve
goozy
supercoyote
8 posters
AuthorMessage
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

Stepper motor shutoff Empty
PostSubject: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:41 am

For any of you that have done the in line shutoff to the stepper motor, what kind of valve did you use? All I've been able to find in a small valve is 1/4" fuel shutoffs for lawn mowers, any suggestions on something for the 3/8" of the hose?
Back to top Go down
goozy
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
goozy

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:50 pm

I found a direct fit at my local NAPA a few years ago.  Black plastic body red plastic knob. Looks factory.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:50 pm

A dirt bike aftermarket fuel valve is what I've installed.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm

I fitted this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It fits the original piping on one side & I bought some extra pipe so it sat conveniently.....sad to say it has been useless and I recently removed it. I don't think the stepper issue is repeatable enough to use the tap as a quick fix & would have to re-balance the air bleed if you used it permanently
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:01 pm

I ended up using the exact same one. My confusion was coming from the fact that the hose is 3/8 from sitting on the airbox nipple and expanding, but elsewhere is actually 1/4. I like to assemble parts for a project before I start it, but sometimes you don't see the whole picture until you start cutting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this works a treat!
no issues since fitting
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:38 am

Has this made a big difference for those of you that abandoned the stepper? I haven't had a chance to get out and test thoroughly after installing the shutoff, but I'd like to know if it got rid of some of the snatch when warm and the high idle problem?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 am

High idle is fixed for sure. Snatchiness is between throttle cable adjustment and a good map.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:23 am

Agree it's just for high idle but it didn't work at all for me. Engine won't idle with the valve shut completely & trying to balance random high idle problem out by partial twiddling valve sitting in traffic was PITA easier solved by blipping throttle or just waiting for it to set down.....I can imagine (cos I've been too lazy to check) you could shut it in and open the air bleed a bit to stabilise idle IF the actual cause is the stepper itself

I just pull & clean the TB assembly when it gets really bad which isn't often.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:02 pm

I always found that the high idle could be 'fixed' at the lights by just engaging the clutch in gear with the brake on...
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:29 pm

I fitted a pneumatic valve on my 1200 Sports (2V) x3 to fix high idle. As soon as the engine gets up to temperature, the stepper motor is switched out of circuit. The increase in engine braking is enough reason to do this.

But the idle on my GRiSO 1200SE is fine, so what's not broke I don't fix.

daniel_pww likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:46 pm

I will bet it has a metal stepper, new plastic ones are real pricey.
Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:52 am

Just minus-ing the Co trims sorts your tickover, you can pull it down to 1200 tight with -8

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stepper motor shutoff   Stepper motor shutoff Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stepper motor shutoff
Page 1 of 1