GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mystery hose

Go down 
+3
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
supercoyote
7 posters
AuthorMessage
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:34 pm

After updating my map, installing a stepper shutoff as well as cleaning the stepper, reducing slack in the throttle cables and resetting the TPS, I noticed an open ended hose, 1/4' in diameter sitting near the left side throttle bodies. Looks like it runs up into the unknown. Is there a vent for the tank, or maybe a drain for the battery box that typically is routed down the right hand side of the bike, terminating just above the throttle push-pull assembly on the throttle body, or did I accidentally unplug something without realizing it?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Gearbox breather perhaps?
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:25 pm

It's coming down from above though. Does the gearbox breather tend to do some loop de loops? I can't seem to trace it beyond it running up under where the tank and seat seem to meet, and can't find it from above pale
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Has the stepper hose come off either the airbox or the stepper? If not most likely the gearbox breather or the ank vent or cap drain.

Pete
Back to top Go down
avgpetro
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avgpetro

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:29 am

Pete Roper wrote:
... tank vent or cap drain.
Pete

1/4'' is about 6~7mm. Probably one of those. Both connects to the tank, just if front of the top of the battery, one to its left, the other to its rigth, don't remember witch is what... At 1100, they both conncet to a "T" connector, to a trird one, that is routed behind the RH footrest.
Maybe the one thats connencted to the left of the tank got unpluged from the "T"?
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This little guy right here

Picture doesn't seem to show up so here's the link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 am

the gearbox vent hose of my GRiSO points exactly like the one in your photo

It came up on the right side, make a loop under the battery tray and the open end pee at the left throttle body

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 pm

I noticed that hose on my 2013 about a month ago and wondered where the hell it came from. I didn't remember seeing it before then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:39 pm

I just found the same hose while I was reassembling mine after roller install- it was
indeed the gearbox breather. Mine connects to gearbox on right side, goes up through the
bracket that the battery hold down attaches to, and exits by the left TB under the "wing".
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this question!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mystery hose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery hose   Mystery hose Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mystery hose
Page 1 of 1