GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil light mystery

Go down 
+2
bioman
GustoGriso
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GustoGriso
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GustoGriso

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:25 am

About that pesky oil sending light.
I had a 2007 GRiSO that I really loved and just recently let go of mainly because I’m 76 now, have had two major surgeries in the last year and although riding the bike ( my 25th) I didn’t feel confidant on it any longer.
Also the repairs were beginning to become immeasurable.
I’ve had to replace 2 starters, and that crazy wire that leads from the start button to the starter that Guzzi in all their wisdom made out of aluminum and has caused undo headaches for countless Guzzi owners.
My oil light would come on if I sat on the bike before starting it and stay on unless I shut it off and waited 5 min. Then started it agin as it sat on the side stand. A real pain in the ass to be sure.
I never got it resolved but the fellow Guzzi guy who bought my GRiSO understood the issue and resolved it.
Beautiful bikes, but it’s always the little things that end a relationship.
His bless those who have to deal with their oil light issues.
Gusto
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:49 am

Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for sharing your experiences - albeit too late as you seem to have sold your bike.  

My starter has always been performing flawless but I too have had my share with a pesky oil light.  Replaced the pressure sensor last year but that didn't do the trick. Replaced the 2 oil sump gaskets last month and so far so good: oil light has stayed off - although it's too early to say: I have hardly been riding as the roads in this part of the woods are covered now with snow and ice.  Season is finished.
Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:31 am

Good afternoon this is the situation with gustos former GRiSO 1100 . The bike sat under a cover for a while as he didnt ride it much , when ignition is switched on sometimes the service light and red oil icon is displayed i the turn off and it goes away i then start the engine everything seems ok other than an ocational 2k idle when warm can orevent by compression braking upon breaking holds 1100 ish rpm . If bike sits a few days the service light reappears and i repeat the process ,i ride this bike just about every day i put over 1k miles since purchase backroads and interstate with no other hiccups but this morning i see the battery charge indicated on dash 12.2v but 13.9-14v when running so im going to get a li.fe soon . As for startig issues ir hasnt skipped a beat. I prefer this 1100 to my former 2015 8v seems smoother through the revs with no flat spots . Gusto took real good care of it as it looks almost showroom . Btw i promised speedfrog the dart i just have had a bunch of things get in the way including last weeks hurricane that hit n us my moms yard needs some help

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Update yesterday i cleaned battery terminals and cleaned the oxidized oil switch terminal with deoxit to eliminate the sevice light and 07 dash error so far everything is fine batter y now reads 12.6- 7 will tackle the stepper motor next by either a b&s fuel valve or blocking thae hose and air box ill do this on the morning when i get home from work

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:18 pm

Finally replaced the sendig unit today got tired of the conector always loosening up and causing the light issue so far the new updated guzzi swicth with bullet conector should cure it[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:02 pm

Now all you have to worry about is a leak around the bonnet. It's still the best one going.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:04 pm

Hopefully not but so far so good for 50km
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:15 pm

Yeah the original connector was a bit "Heath Robinson". I replaced mine with a 90 degree QIC connector - just unscrew the terminal screw, change connector and away you go. Once the two sump gaskets are done and the oil pressure switch, you should be golden - I haven't had any issues for 5+ years...

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:24 pm

Not sure if the 1100s had sump gasket issue. But I will most likely order some with next rocker cover gasket order for piece of mind
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:26 pm

The sump gasket issue is more prevalent on 8V's but the problem can occur with the 2V motors as well. Tony's Sport is a 2V and it did it.

Tim Henry likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil light mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light mystery   Oil light mystery Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oil light mystery
Page 1 of 1