GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Bellagio (sorry) starting issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MelJ
Carlotto
Carlotto
MelJ

Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Empty
PostSubject: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 am

Hello,

I know this place is all GRiSO, all the time, but I thought id just ignore that and ask a Bellagio question. Hope it's not a sacking offence...

I have an '07 Bellagio that is essentially stock (has a finebau fuelling thing fitted by the previous owner though). It's being a pita to start at the moment - I sometimes get a clunk then no start, then sometimes just a click and no start, other times it fires up straight away. I've changed the battery and that helped a bit - on some occasions it's just blown fuses and replacing those has worked temporarily. However, i stil get regular failures to launch and even chewing through fuses isn't a sensible option. I thought id try the MPH solution but that wont work with the Bella mini relay setup, which seems the same as the CalVin and others rather than the rest of the CARC bikes Mad

Im wondering if the same solution is appropriate for the bella (i.e. direct cabling from relay to battery) or if its likely to be something else that needs attention here?

On a related note - does anyone have experience with the Finebau box? Should i bin it and beetle the bike?

Thanks all.

Mel
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 am

A direct feed to the delivery side of the relay will probably solve the starting issue.

Get rid of the widget.
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 9:45 am

Not sure how the Bellagio is set up but I had a Finebau box on my 2009 8V GRiSO with original map and it didn't work through a range of issues from warning 'out of range voltage' P0130 that puts it into limp mode plus it still progressively moved back to snatchy mid range (probably learning parameters).......I put (beetle) Mark's map in & threw Finebau in the skip - all good from that point
Back to top Go down
MelJ
Carlotto
Carlotto
MelJ

PostSubject: Re: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks all.

Fortunately the relay block is located in a nice easy to get to location. Unfortunately the wiring is all tidily routed so there's no easy way to get to the underside of the block other than removing the undertray Smile

I'll look at binning the Finebau but I didnt fit it so un-fitting it will take some research, i'm assuming it was put in place of an existing wiring connection. Time to hit Google Smile

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 10:04 am

If I remember well (I usually don't); the Finebau came with the correct fittings to just split existing connectors under the starter cover & above the lambda and reconnect to the finebau which was under the seat to one side. You should be able to follow the Finebau cables; unplug and reconnect the two ends left on the bike through some fiddling around starter....
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 11:45 am

What you are seeing is typical Guzzi "Startus Interuptus", yes if you power the yellow wire of relay 3
from the battery it will fix the problem.
Snip the wire a few inches away from the relay insulate the live end so it cannot short to ground.
Join a wire on to the relay end and power it from a 15 Amp in-line fuse at the battery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Did the relay rewire years ago on my Bellagio, perfect since.

The only other mod is to take the battery earth lead where it attaches to the motor, under the starter cover, and move it to crankcase/gearbox stud just to the left and a little higher.
This requires drilling the 'eye' out to 8mm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bellagio (sorry) starting issues   Bellagio (sorry) starting issues Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Bellagio (sorry) starting issues
Page 1 of 1