GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rally this past weekend

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Rally this past weekend Empty
PostSubject: Rally this past weekend   Rally this past weekend Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 1:53 pm

This past weekend I went to a Poverty Riders Rally outside of  Boone NC.

Met a GRiSO rider who has an 1100, said he bought it new took it home  and painted it yellow.  Friday we rode the Back of the Dragon, up and back down.  That was 66 miles and 876 curves.   It was a workout for sure.  Bike handled great.  We switched bikes at the start for about 10 miles. I like my 1200 better  :-)  Great weekend, and this time I trailered my bike.  I felt like I was cheating, but the ride home Sunday the temps were over 90° and mostly interstate. I know why I trailered it now.

Here are a couple of pictures of the ride.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

PostSubject: Re: Rally this past weekend   Rally this past weekend Icon_minitime1Mon May 14, 2018 7:48 pm

That sounds like a great ride! I think it would take me a week to take 876 curves in Kansas Smile
My 3 bros and I are planning a trip to Arkansas this summer and we're thinking of trailering too.
Nice pics BTW
Back to top Go down
dacooler
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
dacooler

PostSubject: Re: Rally this past weekend   Rally this past weekend Icon_minitime1Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 pm

Nice pics. Trailering is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Rally this past weekend   Rally this past weekend Icon_minitime1Mon May 28, 2018 4:49 am

Taking the Autotrain from Orlando (Sanford) to Lorton VA on June 6th with a friend of mine...
Will hang out mostly in West Virginia for a week than trailer both bikes back to Orlando.
His wife will meet us in PA with the truck and trailer by the end of said week.
I would have loved to ride down through Ashville SC but by the time we get to central GA it will be hot and no more twisties.
The back of my neck can't handle the continuous monotonous straights for hours anymore so being comfy in the truck on the way back will be the ticket...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rally this past weekend   Rally this past weekend Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rally this past weekend
Page 1 of 1