GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Modified Brake system with ABS

Go down 
+5
GHTE
sideshowbob
beetle
Pete Roper
v-mannkiel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
v-mannkiel
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
v-mannkiel

Modified Brake system with ABS Empty
PostSubject: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:24 pm

Recently I found this - anybody interested?

Link to aftermarket ABS unit

I will do it!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:42 pm

I think this came up before in another thread?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:53 pm

This time they show us where it's installed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Peter Hughes offered me the ABS gear off his Norge. I declined. Besides, if you stick the ABS unit where the snorkel was, where do you stash your donuts?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Been riding for 50 years without ABS. I recon I can do without it.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:08 pm

I love my GRiSO as it is just low tech quality and me. The low tech stuff like nice brakes et al work well.
On a more powerful beast such as my multistrada I think traction control and ABS are appropriate however.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:36 pm

Next you will want them limited to 186mph:-)
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Nope; Happy with 200mph out of the box. Gotta give beetle some room for improvements though.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:36 am

sideshowbob wrote:

Yes as mine clearly isn't

Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:18 am

sidrat wrote:
sideshowbob wrote:

Yes as mine clearly isn't

Looks like the De-Mister is working though.!

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 am

I've got a feeling that there is a reading that the speedos max out at. I know I saw 247kph on my dash once. Of course I say it was true, even though it was patent bollocks! Very Happy When you're going over or about 200 everything is jumping about so much and the speedo input will be so ragged the dash probably just says 'Fuggit' and defaults to a dickhead reading.

While I occasionally take it up to an indicated 200 it's really not that much fun, it's more a sort of 'Sad old man waving his willy' sort of thing. I prefer lower gears and big handfuls of throttle coming out of bends personally but there again that makes my false teeth rattle....
Back to top Go down
DeepSpace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
DeepSpace

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:59 am

It would have been nice if there was ABS on it. My bmw had it and it did safe my ass a few times, especially in bad weather conditions (rain, snow etc) or when car drivers do something completely unexpected. It's just nice to have it deal with the "oh shit" reaction while i gather my senses and start breaking the way it should.

Had a drive instructor (for those special track/driveskill days) ask the same question once to a group. Some said abs was bullshit so he took his bike with abs, drove around the track and went onto the grass with 100kmh and hit the brakes full on. Ofc it took forever for the bike to stop, but it stopped without falling over. Then he turned to the guys who said it was bullshit and said … ok, now your turn .. Razz

But that's what its for, just to help you out for that split second of ohhhh fuck. Will i miss it? yeah sure, will it put it on … prolly not Razz
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:24 pm

I personally don’t buy the “real riders don’t need abs” pitch many especially older riders (not on this forum, but generally) throw. Its an excellent safety feature to have (its mandatory in the EU for new bikes) and despite being another expensive part that can malfunction, I would have loved it on the GRiSO.

But not for 2500€ or whatever such a system would have to cost. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modified Brake system with ABS   Modified Brake system with ABS Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Modified Brake system with ABS
Page 1 of 1