GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. Empty
PostSubject: Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.   Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Uh,yeah, mechanically lame, barely so-so rider, owned a LM1 for 20 years now. Crap, where does the time go? It's very basic, a Staintune, a Manfred Hecht stage II motor and a close ratio gearbox.
Needs love. Needs ignition work. Needs brakes!

'09 GRiSO, 2400 miles, bit of a pound puppy, just got it back on the blacktop after a long garage hibernation owing to many gremlins. As I'm, how shall I say this, dealership-deprived,
I've been forced, kicking and screaming all the way, to learn to fix shit.

And I've discovered how gratifiying it can be.

Thumbs Up 

Eeeeey!

Am in Northern Virginia USA, a native of Central America, and I don't mean Kansas (quick, who did I steal that from?) and when I grow up I want to build a monoshock roundfin Zagato. Fat chance.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.   Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Greetings from the wide browned-off land.

You have come to the right place.

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.   Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 2:35 pm

You gotta get that tank pressurisation issue fixed before anything else.

Get Guzzidiag up and running and make sure your bike is properly tuned. If you can tune a Mk1 LeMans you should have no problem with the GRiSO. After that there are several folks here who can flip you a map to try.

Pete
Back to top Go down
rustyrotor
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
rustyrotor

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.   Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. Icon_minitime1Wed May 21, 2014 7:41 pm

Now that's what I call a warm welcome. Thanks. Pete, at the risk of sounding dense...You probably caught on to that a couple years ago...Apart from tracking down that elbow and installing it, am not sure what to do. I took a bit of fine wire...a bread bag tie if you must know, and reamed out the breather hole at the filler cap. As it appears to have a 90 degree chicane in it, I cant be sure it's clean.
There is a small diameter hose on the left side with a small brass union that I cant identify on the diagrams I have that was clogged with something like beeswax and copper corrosion. Cleaned that out.

Apart from that, I don't know where to go except to maybe replace that little grey canister the rear tank breather hose connects to. Suggestions?

And here's the thing. It's definitely not doing it now. I will keep an eye on it as the temps rise.

Tune the Le Mans!! I can tuna fish, but I can't tune a Le Mans! Thing is, it hasn't needed it.
It's got a Dyna, the carbs don't seem to drift much, so if my cables are adjusted and ok and ditto the valves, well, it just goes. It's at a point where it needs me to focus on it hard owing to years of benign neglect. Injuries...work...blah....blah, pretty sure it needs coils, and I have some f08's stashed as the nipples are busted off the old ones. I may be able to get the old ones out, but I expect this to be difficult. Once I have those vacuum gauges, the coils, and the brakes done it's mostly cosmetic.
Blinker module? Anyway, it fires right up, warms up a touch, you hear a click and it starts running on one cylinder. Am really trying to figure out if I should do a cosmetic restoration as well. Am pretty inclined to leave it alone, just stick to a functional restoration. I'll send you a pic sometime.

The GRiSO has got most if not all of its power back. The front end feels...twitchy, unplanted.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.   Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Page 1 of 1