GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Failed Condom

Go down 
+7
lcjohnny
Bobcat Sig
Street
sidrat
Stubbie
waterbottle
paulbrice
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Failed Condom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failed Condom   Failed Condom - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 14, 2021 4:17 am

Another creative fix for the leaking hose that has the bend is to get a long hose and route it around the opposite side. So, crisscross where they go into the head. You’d have to do both.That way there isn’t a tight bend. This comes from GuzziSteve. I was impressed with his idea. I think he said he did it on a Stelio.
I fixed my hose without taking the tank off by just moving things out of the way. Not ideal. It wasn’t easy. Paul Brice described that as doing surgery through a keyhole.....

Bobcat Sig likes this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

PostSubject: Re: Failed Condom   Failed Condom - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:19 pm

Bobcat Sig wrote:
JohnA wrote:
I used the replacement oem hose which is expensive with regular old hose clamps. If you look at the end that goes into the cylinder, it has quite a bend in it. So that’s where you have to get creative if you get a hose from the auto parts store. Someone here used a 45 degree plastic hose connector to make the bend. You can probably find that thread here some place. Did you see what is leaking yet?

45-degree bend with a plastic fitting; that's clever!

I haven't yet pulled the tank to confirm if it's the nipple or a cracked hose, but in looking up under the removed wing, and when rotating the horn out of the way; it's one of the two. Or both.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When I looked, I did see a cracked hose due to an over-tightened clamp. I just need to push some bikes out of the garage and pull the tank to confirm. You know... procrastination. Very Happy

Anything further on this- diagnosis/repair?

EDIT: *COUGH*/Erm.., a little disconcerting to see this:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Failed Condom   Failed Condom - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:59 am

My condom :-) and the hose above it seemed to suffer from the hose clamps. I shortened both a bit and reinstalled them (for the hose I have used a heat gun)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Before I did that I installed an extra "plug":
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

paulbrice and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Failed Condom   Failed Condom - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Failed Condom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2