GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

engine mounting bolts loose

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

engine mounting bolts loose Empty
PostSubject: engine mounting bolts loose   engine mounting bolts loose Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Cleaning the bike today and always spray a little anti corrosion spray over fasteners. Noticed that my front frame to engine block left hand bolt was loose to the touch. Checked other side and not as bad but only hand tight. My guess is should be included in the proper all singing and dancing service schedule but clearly not been checked for a long time.
I have tightened up but if anyone knows proper torque settings that would a great help. Hate to think what would have happened if had lost one or both.
thanks Peter
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: engine mounting bolts loose   engine mounting bolts loose Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:29 pm

80 Nm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: engine mounting bolts loose   engine mounting bolts loose Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks fast response. Any other major fasteners i should be checking.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: engine mounting bolts loose   engine mounting bolts loose Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:48 pm

If the fronts were loose, I'd be tempted to go over everything. Rear frame, rear wheel, reaction rod and the shock linkages, sidestand.

Rear gearbox/frame 50 Nm
Rear wheel 110 Nm
Reaction rod 50 Nm
Sidestand upper 50Nm
Sidestand lower 25 Nm
Rear shock & linkages all 50 Nm except the double conrod which is 40 Nm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: engine mounting bolts loose   engine mounting bolts loose Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:47 pm

A year ago when I bought my G1100 it had crash bars fitted using the front engine/frame bolts which were loose . I removed the crash bars and fully tightened the bolts only to find it caused vibration. In the end I finished up using Loctite and only 20NM of force to reduce the vibration. Never did find out why this was. I marked the bolt heads to check they did not move again, which they haven't.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi_Roy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Kiwi_Roy

PostSubject: Re: engine mounting bolts loose   engine mounting bolts loose Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:14 am

I lost one of the bolts from my 07 2V so now I add loctite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine mounting bolts loose   engine mounting bolts loose Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

engine mounting bolts loose
Page 1 of 1