GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beetle strikes again

Go down 
+5
bCraig
Craigclu
Pete Roper
beetle
Bulldog9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

Beetle strikes again Empty
PostSubject: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:30 pm

No GRiSO content, but as this is my favorite Guzzi forum, and you all have helped so much with getting my 8V Norge sorted, I thought I'd give an update and shout out for Mark & Guzzi Diag.

As many know, I LOVE my 4V GRiSO, and had been less impressed with my 8V Norge. Untill now. Even after sorting out the cam timing and rev issue, and 6K miles, and a Beetle Map, it just didnt have the same allure the GRiSO offered. About 5 months ago, I bought the Agostini Y pipe to replace the colostomy bag. This helped some, and the motor spun to redline faster and felt better, but I still preferred the GRiSO's motor other than the top end of the rev range.

That is until recently when Mark did an adjustment to the map to help with over run snap crackle and pop. This new map has FINALLY made the engine come alive, and man what a difference.... Much more lively at the low and midrange and strong pull to redline, much more satisfying. Many have said a properly tuned 8V is a wonderful motor.... NOW I understand and agree. Very happy with the bike and how it feels and responds, almost like night and day.

The Norge is a sweet ride, and so easy to live with but this map upgrade put it over the top...... Hard to put a finger on 'what' but it is about that viceral feel and connection, and I couldn't be happier. cant wait for my PEI and NS ride in just a month!

So........ If you dont have Guzzi Diag and a Beetle Map, get off your duff and get one already.... Thumbs Up

Mark/Beetle....... Thanks again! cheers
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:55 pm

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:56 pm

If I were you I'd give PEI a miss, especially in the holiday season. It's geared for *Families*, it is flat and the roads are, quite frankly, boring and it's dotted with 'Tripper Traps'.

Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are brilliant! Stupidly pretty and if you look hard and hold your tongue right you can even get a decent feed!

We visited PEI, we won't be back. NS and NB? In a heartbeat!

So far we have avoided being nibbled by bears but I did run over an already dead porcupine today! Lucky not to loose a tyre!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks Pete, that seems to be the general consensus. We plan to waive at PEI as we drive by and will focus on Northern NS/Cabot Trail and other Northern areas of the US.  I keep meaning to revisit my prior thread on this trip as I've updated the routes based on feedback from those in the know...

Pete Roper wrote:
If I were you I'd give PEI a miss, especially in the holiday season. It's geared for *Families*, it is flat and the roads are, quite frankly, boring and it's dotted with 'Tripper Traps'.

Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are brilliant! Stupidly pretty and if you look hard and hold your tongue right you can even get a decent feed!

We visited PEI, we won't be back. NS and NB? In a heartbeat!

So far we have avoided being nibbled by bears but I did run over an already dead porcupine today! Lucky not to loose a tyre!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Craigclu
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Craigclu

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:29 am

I'll echo Bulldog9's experience.  I also run a 2014 Norge.  I've got a GPR Albus on it and Beetle's most recent map has me wishing for nothing more from the bike.  Nice, even thrust to redline and I'm getting great mileage that doesn't seem to vary by riding style too much.  I've got just a bit of burble but I actually kind of like a small amount.
Back to top Go down
bCraig
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bCraig

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

hey , Bulldog9 .... make contact if you want, when in Nova Scotia or shortly before you arrive .... I can help with best ride routes etc. and promise to steer you to only best NS has to offer .... really are some great roads here .... my only rule is , no night rides , way too many creatures with 4 legs on the move .... I am located nearly center of Province , got to pass my town to get to Cape Breton Island .... earlier this month it was a Dad and his sons from Homer NY , they had made contact on Norton site ( he needed tools to keep the Commando going ) .... they had a great trip .... made the run from Meat Cove CBI to Yarmouth Ferry in a day , which is impressive taking into account the state of the 3 old bikes being used .... anyways feel free I am usually around
Craig
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Bulldog9 wrote:
I LOVE my 4V GRiSO, and had been less impressed with my 8V Norge

So what is the main difference between GRiSO and Norge 4V motors?  More aggressive cams on the GRiSO?  What is the ride difference for those who have both?
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:55 pm

I don't know for sure, but I've always thought they were identical, apart from the exhaust (obviously).

I'll be interested in the replies too.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 pm

Bulldog's GRiSO is an 1100.

Once rollerised all the 1200's are identical in all the ways that make them go. There are differences in things like sumps and camchain tensioner reservoir sizes and with the 2015's on little things like the phase sensor but in all important aspects they are identical.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:44 am

My GRiSO is a 2007 1100 4v motor, the NORGE is a 2014 1200 8v motor. Different animals. My comments were on the character and nature of how the motor made power and responded. After the latest Beetle map, the NORGE finally "woke up" It has since furthermore woken up as the miles have been put on. VERY happy with it now.

Pisano wrote:
Bulldog9 wrote:
I LOVE my 4V GRiSO, and had been less impressed with my 8V Norge

So what is the main difference between GRiSO and Norge 4V motors?  More aggressive cams on the GRiSO?  What is the ride difference for those who have both?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:42 am

So how many miles on it now?
Back to top Go down
jlburgess
Carlotto
Carlotto
jlburgess

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Good to hear from ya Pete! All is good here but I'm not good with forums much anymore. PM anytime for a short flight to SD. Free flop space and airport pickup. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetle strikes again   Beetle strikes again Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beetle strikes again
Page 1 of 1