GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?

Go down 
+10
Converted Duc
cognosticator
bahamazoo
ratso88
sidrat
nblades
Pete Roper
beetle
Oz1200Guzzi
Bill Hagan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:27 am

Converted Duc wrote:
I am currently runnning the Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2s and can only compare them to the original Metzlers that were on the bike and completely squared off when I first got it.
The Pirellis work well once warmed up but I never have had much faith in the front end, it always felt vague.
I sprung for a new rear shock and had work done to the front forks at the same time. The bike was then set up by someone who knows what they are doing as oposed to me.
Following this the bike feels more planted and I get better use out of the tyres. I still am not completely sold on the front and will try another make when necessary. They only have around 3000 km up so no wear issues as yet, the dual compound rear feels great and is still nice and round.
The vague front end might be something to do with pressures I still have to experiement I have been running F 34 - R 38.

I dont think the front Rosso 2s suit the GRiSO, they are too soft in the sidewall and make them wear strangely, go back to the Angel ST's they are designed for pigs wth lipstick, with no loss of grip.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Mr Oz1200, Tony, as far as the R5 in the wet I can't really say. On my trip I hit a few showers around Durango Colorado, going up and coming down. Not really pouring conditions just light rain. The R5's felt about 100 times better than the original Metzelers. I felt like I was riding not water skiing. Mountain roads with water flowing across in a few places. I think the folks at Michelin have things pretty well figured out.

Again a real improvement over stock.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks Ratso, I found the Metzelers handle more like a brick than anything else, and really did not inspire any confidence unless you got them hot enough to melt, then they were adequate.

I am concerned about the lack of heavy sidewall - though mine will probably last until early next year. Currently have the PR4 GTs and love them.
Back to top Go down
markgalli
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
markgalli

PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 pm

I’m running the PR5s on my GRiSO 1100. Love them. Great in wet. Was running Avon Storm 3D before. Very good tyre got 14000km from them(running a 2D on the front) but the Michelin’s are a cut above. Can’t comment on mileage yet.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Went with Pirelli Angel's front and back at 9,000 on my 2014. The Metzeler's had plenty of tread but they didn't give me much confidence on turns. On the advice of folks here like the Cognosticator, I decided to go with the Pirelli's. Wow, what a difference. With only 9,000 miles in 4 years on this bike and the last one I had was back in 1982, I didn't think I would notice much of a difference but it was like having dull ice skates when on the Metzelers. They probably wont last as long but I feel safer.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:58 pm

PR5's
500Kms
All wet riding
Seem harsher than PR4's, could be tyre pressures
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 am

I got a set of PR 5's fitted today as well as having the leaking spokes finally fixed. ONly done about 30km so far, but the roads are really greasy here ATM so I was taking it slow. The grooves in the tyres are seriously deep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?   What, No GRiSO Tire Thread? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What, No GRiSO Tire Thread?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2