GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Liposuction

Go down 
+2
JohnA
sidrat
6 posters
AuthorMessage

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Everybody has their own preferences, I’m not a fan of big asses do I did a bit of Lipo to the GRiSO seat today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:35 am

Is that to make sure your pillion passenger falls off?

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:22 pm

sidrat wrote:
Is that to make sure your pillion passenger falls off?

My pillion rides a V7 :-)

I should take the rear pegs off but they are useful for hanging my crash helmet on when parked up.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Looks good though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Follows the bike lines now.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:35 am

Thumbs Up Kind of half-way between stock and a Corbin Gunfighter.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:23 am

Cool, I did the exact same thing for my 09 back in the days. (Someone gave me a damaged seat)
Trimmed a lot of foam at back and that seat is now on my 2017.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:37 am

There's this song..... I like big butts...... and I cannot lie............. ah nevermind.....
Back to top Go down

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: I like it!   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:20 am

how'd you do it, what was involved?
Back to top Go down

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:06 am

Ok folks for those feeling adventurous.

The procedure required pliers, sharp knife, sanding paper, spray glue and a diy style staple.
Possible additional requirement is a thin sheet of foam to hide where sanding disc took a big bite when wife asked if I wanted a cup of tea.

Trim off the plastic beak at the rear and the lump of foam above it and then gradually start slicing to get the shape that you want. It takes time and just like when you apply paint and you see the imperfections, keep pulling the cover over so you can see what your gonna get.

Artificial light can play tricks on your eyes when trying to balance one side against the other, I use a Sharpie pen to highlight areas to be worked and also when sanding it keeps you on the right area.

Only at the very end of replacing the cover did I have to split and overlap the fabric, spray adhesive gives good temporary grip until you are happy with the fit, then pull it tight clamp it and staple it.

My result isn’t 100% perfect but when your friend is the upholsterer you get put to the back of the queue when he’s busy and then you get upset with each other when you have to chase or take it to another upholsterer. No other option than to dive in but more time taken could have made it 100% and will rectify the 2 x small creases by use of previously mentioned useful friend.

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:12 am

cheers for the write up. so you unpicked the stitching to get it to line up at the end?
Back to top Go down

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:23 am

ajt wrote:
cheers for the write up. so you unpicked the stitching to get it to line up at the end?

No I didn’t, that’s what I thought was needed hence approaching my tame upholsterer to do it it but when I removed the cover the stitches are taped on the rear and I didn’t want to risk them coming undone so all that was needed were a few triangle notches out of the surplus material.
Back to top Go down

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:27 am

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:27 am

After doing a seat reno or a cover, you find new admiration for those that do upholstering for a living
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:12 am

Mine was a used seat with a tear in it so I made a knew cover from scratch with "MOTO GUZZI" logo embroidered in the back.
A local upholsterer did the stitching but I pre cut the vinyl pieces for him.
I trimmed the foam with an electric kitchen knife. Works wonders... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO Liposuction Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Liposuction   GRiSO Liposuction Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Liposuction
Page 1 of 1