GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mounting from the left footpeg

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

Mounting from the left footpeg Empty
PostSubject: Mounting from the left footpeg   Mounting from the left footpeg Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Is the kickstand durable enough to handle a 250lb guy mounting and dismounting the GRiSO from the left foot peg?

I do this when the pilon seat is full with gear and can't manage to swing a leg over from the ground.

I heard its a no no but the stand seams strong.

Thoughts , experience?

Other ways of getting on and off when the load is high at the back?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Mounting from the left footpeg   Mounting from the left footpeg Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:32 pm

I say it strong enough, as your weight pressure is split between the kickstand and the wheels...
Also, if the left peg can support and transfer your weight by itself, so is the stand.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Mounting from the left footpeg   Mounting from the left footpeg Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:51 pm

Caution, a stand is to stop your bike having a little lie down, when it sees fit. I would imagine undue pressure on the mount points might not be good in the long run, when mounting.

I find it challenging as I am a short-arse (vertically challenged) and mounting and dismounting with a full load on, is a challenge. Do more yoga, limber up, use your muscles as they were intended, before you throw a leg over.

OK, OK I'm going...
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Mounting from the left footpeg   Mounting from the left footpeg Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:38 pm

- make sure you check the bolts on the side stand mounting regularly.... mine have -despite locktite- been loose on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Mounting from the left footpeg   Mounting from the left footpeg Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Pat, I replaced the bolts on mine with full depth Allen socket screws in stainless - I also acquired a bloody big Allen head key to ensure it could be tightened adequately. My stand was prone to loosening off. Reminder to self, check side stand again, before the rally.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Mounting from the left footpeg   Mounting from the left footpeg Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:46 am

I like that get in shape route.

got to get on that Downward Dog more often.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounting from the left footpeg   Mounting from the left footpeg Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mounting from the left footpeg
Page 1 of 1