GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?

Go down 
+11
Bill Hagan
YanksTT
davem
Steak
Florida lime
beetle
Pete Roper
zebraranger
Diablo Loco
Street
FrontRangeRider
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:08 pm

For those of you who use the Givi tank lock bags, can you share your opinions regarding which options are the best choice for the GRiSO?  I'd prefer one that does not touch or minimally touches the tank.  I would also appreciate any wisdom regarding sizing as it might interfere with comfortable seating position or handling.

Thanks,
Alden
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:35 pm

FRR,

I can't say enough about Onur's tank ring for the Givi tank bag. The bag goes on and off in a snap and has zero contact with any painted surface. While riding with a full face helmet, I don't even notice the 15 litre bag. Great system in my opinion.

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 pm

The extendable 26l bag does touch the tank and if the RHS pocket is full you can hit the kill switch on full right steering lock.

But 26l is good.
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Street and Diablo Loco,

Thank you for the responses.  I appreciate the feedback immensely.  I have a note in to Onur to buy a tank ring; just needed to know which tank bags would be good choices.

Regards,
Alden
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Like Street, I also have the Givi XS307 15 litre tank bag, its a perfect fit without touching any painted surface. I have the GT CNC tank ring, matches the rest of the gas cap.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 pm

So another design he's stolen and plagiarised from someone else! Who would of guessed?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:33 pm

I have the ST602 & ST603. 4 & 15 litres, respectively. I use the small one all the time. I usually keep wallet & phone, plus a set of Allen keys, screwdriver, spanners, water bottle, ear plugs, etc. I am constantly amazed by how much stuff you can fit in one without trying. The bigger one is for trips. It's expandable. I can fit all the above, plus GuzziDiag cables and tablet, bottle of bourbon, plus heaps more....

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:59 am

Pete Roper wrote:
So another design he's stolen and plagiarised from someone else! Who would of guessed?

Unfortunately in todays world its more common than uncommon. Because of the cost of litigation, patents are not what they use to be. If you own a design patent for instance (I have four), all someone has to do is change the design just slightly enough to be slightly different and the patent cant be enforced. Trying to enforce it can financially break the little guys. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:47 am

I put a GIVI XS307 15 liter on my GRiSO also. I do have a 4 liter "Ducati Performance" (made by GIVI) that I use on my 2016 Multistrada, and I can use that as well. However, I use the 15 liter almost exclusively on the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:33 pm

For the last year or two I've been swapping the XS306 25L Bag Between the GRiSO and Stelvio, both equipped with Onur's tank rings. It's a great bag for touring.

I do want to pick up a smaller ST602 or an ST605 for day trips.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:10 am

I have a Givi ST603 and have used a XS307 also. The ST sits better on the tank due to it's rigid construction but the XS holds more in real terms.
Kappa did a copy of the XS307 which was a better bag but I'm not sure it is still available.

I can't see the point in going any smaller than these bags. I use the ST603  most days even fetching eggs from the local farm in it. Anything less wouldn't hold enough to make it practical. For extended touring I would want something even bigger.

edit: The Kappa bag is the RA308 and still available on the interweb.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 pm

The threads on the bag started to unravel when I had it tightly packed.
Back to top Go down
YanksTT
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
YanksTT

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Here's the ring.
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:18 pm

zebraranger wrote:
Like Street, I also have the Givi XS307 15 litre tank bag, its a perfect fit without touching any painted surface. I have the GT CNC tank ring, matches the rest of the gas cap.

Err. As has been previously said, that appears absolutely identical to to the one I bought from Onur.

When I was fitting it, I thought about the design and the bloke that nutted out not only the machining but the sealing.

Goodonim!

If Onur's design has been stolen by some prick why would anyone grace their doors and give them money.

Broke the DBAC rule.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:27 am

How do we know if Guzzitech (who sell the GT tank ring) haven't sourced a batch of tank rings from Onur?
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:17 am

^^^^^^

Good point.

May be a bit early to light torches and look for rope. Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:13 am

Yeah, nah.

Go on the offending website, it is advertised as a GT product, including the GT logo, looks identical to Onur's invention but there is no attribution.  

There is a user review commending GT on the machining standard but no correction.  The user has assumed it is a GT product.

There is a discussion on it with no attribution and the installation pictures show a product appearing identical to Onur's.

Sorry about the highlighting, but, well...

Break out the pitchforks!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:44 am

I suppose this horse has been beaten enough, but that never stops me. Wink

Many retail vendors sell products from all sorts of large and small sources.  Some of the latter put their brand name, not that of the former, on those products.  

Would seem that might be all that is happening here.  Might even be a NDA between "that site" and our friend in Ankara such that he might be unable to respond here or anywhere openly.  

FWIW, during the time I thought Onur -- incorrectly, it seems -- was unable to sell directly, I bought a ring from GT for my Stornello.  Don't think, btw, that mine has any GT logo on it, but will confirm later.

Being all of that as it may, if it is a cribbed design with agreement and consideration, it's ... erm ... not good. OTOH, it would seem to me that if there is some sort of marketing arrangement, which is none of my business as to terms, c'est la vie and good on both of them.  

Heading down to Moto Grappa now to putz and pack for run to Tennessee and Georgia next week. cheers

Bill
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:22 pm

I can confirm that the "GT ring" does not have any GT logo on the ring. I bought one through GuzziTech before I knew about Onur as well. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:26 pm

Just noticed that GIVI has expanded the range of Tanklock bags to include some that you can lock to the flange, pretty cool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Donzo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Donzo

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Hello Street, zebra ranger and others,

Just received a Givi 15 litre tank bag (xs307) and mounted it today on my 2017 GRiSO. Looks and fits great BUT I need to know what folks do with the long strap that is sewn to the front of the bag nearest the handlebar. Seems as if it’s a backup to the tanklock attachment but the instructions say and show nothing that clarifies things.

Please let me know if you have this and, if so, what you do with it..

Thanks!

Donzo
Back to top Go down
Florida lime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Florida lime

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Yes, it's a back-up to attach around the handlebar or risers. Probably no instructions since every bike is different, so you just need to figure it out for yourself. I never attach it, and I've been tempted to cut it off.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:35 pm

I was tempted to cut it off too, but I figured that as soon as I did, the locking ring would fail and I'd lose the bag. So I left it on and simply wrap it over the handle bar. It turns out to be handy when fueling up too. Instead of setting the bag on top of the gas pump (and potentially riding off without it), I can simply hang it there on its strap while I pump the petrol.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Donzo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Donzo

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Good to know the front strap can be useful. Was also thinking of cutting it off at first but am glad I checked with you folks before I did. What’s the old saying, “belt and suspenders”...

Donzo
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Donzo wrote:
Good to know the front strap can be useful. Was also thinking of cutting it off at first but am glad I checked with you folks before I did. What’s the old saying, “belt and suspenders”...

Donzo

with appropriate snapping, of course!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?   Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Givi Tanklock Bag?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next