GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

bar ends recommendations

Go down 
+3
kiwi dave
kubbie
OzarkGriso
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OzarkGriso
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
OzarkGriso

bar ends recommendations Empty
PostSubject: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:43 pm

hi gang, not a big far of chrome on the GRiSO and wanted to replace the bar ends with a black finish.  Anyone installed these Rhino-moto?

Bare ends link
Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:21 pm

My '16 bars are black.

OzarkGriso likes this post

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:01 pm

I ordered Sato Racing 30mm bar end weights for my Indian FTR1200S to try and reduce the vibrations. The originals were 20mm.

But it turned out the originals weighed 124 gm, replacements a mere 73 gm.  Obviously made of different materials.

It may be a placebo effect, but I swear the vibes are reduced.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:47 pm

Rhino moto stuff is good, mirror mounts are nice. the black bar ends found on many Aprilia that have the bar insert should fit. Bar ends on newer ape’s replace the threaded insert.

Possibly these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:57 pm

I have Stelvio bar ends on mine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:33 am

kiwi dave wrote:
I ordered Sato Racing 30mm bar end weights for my Indian FTR1200S to try and reduce the vibrations.....

But it turned out the originals weighed 124 gm, replacements a mere 73 gm.  Obviously made of different materials.

It may be a placebo effect, but I swear the vibes are reduced.

I took the heavy stelvio bar ends off mine (and the 150gm of ballbearings glued inside) and replaced the stalk mirrors with bar-ends.  
Either losing 350gm each side or removing the mirror stalk has reduced the bar vibration - i just need to do a bit of science to find which one Smile
Back to top Go down
OzarkGriso
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
OzarkGriso

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:39 am

odder wrote:
Rhino moto stuff is good, mirror mounts are nice. the black bar ends found on many Aprilia that have the bar insert should fit. Bar ends on newer ape’s replace the threaded insert.

Possibly these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I gave this a try. I was ordering the lowered pegs from AF1 and added this. For $11 worth a try.

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:35 pm

You could scuff up the chrome, and paint em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bar ends recommendations   bar ends recommendations Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

bar ends recommendations
Page 1 of 1