GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Empty
PostSubject: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:21 am

Would you have reservations about using a wheel with this damage from being dropped in shipping? I’m thinking file the abrasion, touch up paint, and use. But then, what do I know?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:27 am

If it spins true, I would use it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:32 am

Even if it didn't spin true, that amount of damage on a cast alloy rim is so minimal, professional restoration would be quick and economical.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:49 pm

I'd be bummed, but I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it were me, I'd consider a complete strip and refurb (that rash would buff right out) and use it as an excuse to apply a finish of my own choosing.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:09 am

i would reuse it and do exactly what you have suggested, hell, i would have had to replace a large number of them otherwise when i was racing!
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:32 am

Thanks all. That’s good enough for me. I wouldn’t give it a second thought if it didn’t say made in China. pale  If it has an invisible fracture that lets go and kills me, my ghost will visit and molest your sacred screws. affraid
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:08 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
Thanks all. That’s good enough for me. I wouldn’t give it a second thought if it didn’t say made in China. pale  If it has an invisible fracture that lets go and kills me, my ghost will visit and molest your sacred screws. affraid

Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted   Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wheel Damage Opinions Wanted
Page 1 of 1