GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Damage to seat

Go down 
+8
Street
rick pope
antmanbee
eeyore
Oz1200Guzzi
PJPR01
lcjohnny
tinotavli
12 posters
AuthorMessage
tinotavli
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tinotavli

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:16 am

Looking for some recommendations as to seat repair.
My neighbor’s cat got up under the cover and scratched up the seat.
It’s not terrible, but they are willing to cover the cost and I’m not trying to take advantage of that.

Other than replacing the seat or reupholstering, are there any suggestions?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by tinotavli on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:47 pm

tinotavil wrote:
My neighbor’s car got up under the cover and scratched up the seat

Was it a Jaguar?? Viva la Fiesta

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Besides getting a new seat, I'd think that a reupholstering job would be as expensive as buying a seat.

Cheaper alternative would be to put a seat cover on it...of which there are several good options on the market.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Try Moto-K in Greece - they do good covers at a good price. A few on this forum have these. Do yourself a favour, take it to be fitted by an upholsterer.
Back to top Go down
eeyore
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eeyore

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Give it a wipe down with vinyl conditioner and go for a long ride. A bit of saddle time should see most of the marks disappear.

Steak, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny and tinotavli like this post

Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:46 pm

New seats from AF1 are pretty cheap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:59 pm

eeyore wrote:
Give it a wipe down with vinyl conditioner and go for a long ride. A bit of saddle time should see most of the marks disappear.

X2. If you want your neighbor to keep liking you, try to keep repair cost low. The way to have good neighbors, is to BE a good neighbor.

Bill Hagan and tinotavli like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:09 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Try Moto-K in Greece - they do good covers at a good price. A few on this forum have these. Do yourself a favour, take it to be fitted by an upholsterer.

I second that. From memory it was only around $50 U.S. including shipping from Greece.

Clickey!

Note: Also fits 1200 seat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:02 am

Cat skin seat cover? Laughing

I'm a cat person so don't get all shitty with me.....
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:42 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:

I'm impressed you know MotoOk!

They actually do good quality stuff.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 am

I almost bought the Moto K cover but ended up just buying the new seat from AF1. Those are both really good choices
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Beware. Don't do what Mr Bob did - leave a bottle of water on the seat in the spring morning sun - he was altered when he caught sight of a rising wisp of smoke - the water acted as a magnifying glass and burnt a spot into the seat vinyl, just where he sits. Caught it before it all went up in flame, or burnt all the way through.
Back to top Go down
tinotavli
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tinotavli

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1Thu May 20, 2021 10:08 am

eeyore wrote:

The vinyl conditioner worked after two applications and long rides. It’s like alchemy.

Forgot to reply to this a while back, so just in case anyone has this problem.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damage to seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damage to seat   Damage to seat Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Damage to seat
Page 1 of 1