GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

And yet another update on my mods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

And yet another update on my mods Empty
PostSubject: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Hey folks,

i thought I'd just share with you the latest additions and updates for my GRiSO. Just to give some ideas. I love the tyres, they actually ride very well and I think they look amazing. I also got rid of those huge indicators withe their plasticy appeal. For the front I used bar-end indicators. Also switched them all to LEDs. A bit brighter and way less obtrusive.

Has anyone of you got any experience with the JW Spealer LED headlights? Specifically the one with sensors that allow for better illumination when cornering? It seems like a waste to not use LEDs in the headlight and as an IT guy I am of course tempted by anything containing sensors and electronics. Very Happy However, they are very darn expensive...

So here's the pictures. Let me know what you think. The mirrors are a concern, cause the originals are kinda butt ugly and also the brake fluid containers look like shit, after that crappy workshop has done the inspection a couple years ago. Seems that the trainee wacked them with a hammer to get them loose. Suggestions are welcome. Don't overdo it though. The red saddle adds a lot of charm already, so something more subtle for the mirrors would be nice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Btw. I ditched the idea about the heated grips in favour of the handle-bar indicators and instead got a pair of these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are not perfect, but I can survive a 100km ride without having to remove fingertips. So better than before. You just have to get used to the clumsiness.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:59 pm

I've read very positive reviews on those headlights-pricey, though.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:06 pm

They all look very nice. Instead of JW speaker I paid abot 1/6th of it and changed headlight to LED (30watt 3200Lm). I had to do some modificaton to install. It is more than enough to be seen on daytime and lights very well during night riding.
Back to top Go down
theimmortals
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
theimmortals

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Those pics are awesome. Giving me ideas for Winter project Very Happy . I am likely to swap our my tires now as well. I am also adding in the Agostini HF exhaust too..
Back to top Go down
T-griso
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
T-griso

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:50 pm

What about the Motodemic LED headlight? Also pricey, but Oluf and play...
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:44 am

I got mine from Aliexpress for $112. Works well. This is the new model : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi posted before just after I joined the Ghetto but having used these mirrors for a while now rate quality and clarity.

Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:06 am

okuraner wrote:
I got mine from Aliexpress for $112. Works well. This is the new model : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes thanks for the link. The problem with these might be to get them street legal in Germany. Not sure if they come with the required paperwork.
Back to top Go down
hirnkrampf
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hirnkrampf

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am

Sunbeam wrote:
Hi posted before just after I joined the Ghetto but having used these mirrors for a while now rate quality and clarity.

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking good indeed and may be an option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And yet another update on my mods   And yet another update on my mods Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

And yet another update on my mods
Page 1 of 1