GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Power Commander vs. Beetle map

Go down 
+6
Oz1200Guzzi
cognosticator
kiwi dave
davem
Pete Roper
hezovka
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

Power Commander vs. Beetle map Empty
PostSubject: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:48 am

I bought GRiSO with Power Comander installed and I am not sure how to get it out myself. Is it possible to install Beetle map even on such configuration, or I have to take out PC first?

Thank you a lot,
Peter
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Just follow the PC loom and disconnect it. Reconnect the injectors to the original loom and throw the PC in the garbage where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Thank you a lot for advice
I will look at it morning. What I've seen yesterday: who install it done a nice job, as all wires are nice hidden in "original" wiring
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:41 am

What's the bike run like with the PC connected? Occasionally a owner may have paid for quality time on a dyno and maybe they have done a good job. More likely a Beetle map will be better but you never know.

Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:30 am

The power commander, especially with the auto tune supplement, can offer benefits over a fixed ECU reflash. With respect to Beetle's ECU reflash (which I have on my GRiSO) is all I need/want but I understand the alternative (which I have on one of my Cali 1400 and a couple of 1200 Sports.

I wouldn't knock either approach.
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:05 am

For now I just disconnected PC and will decide after flashing map.
It was a bit problem to start - engine was dyeing on idle, but with little gas it was OK.

Thank you for suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:49 am

Has it been serviced and tuned properly? Just remapping it will achieve nothing if the baseline of its mechanical health hasn't been established.
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:06 pm

Well all modification has been done by first user, who sold it while machine was in service more then one year for rollerisation and he wants bike for riding. So I know just PC is there.
At starter cover there is small black box with green glashing LED while engine runs.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is it part of PC, as in GRiSO spare parts catalogue there is nothing like this.

Thank you a lot.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:22 pm

Nah, that's not a PC. It's even worse I reckon, it's probably an O2 sensor fooler widget.
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:49 pm

What does it mean? Could I continue with disconnecting PC or rather not?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:42 am

To me it looks like you have a whole load of extraneous 'Snake Oil' type 'Magic' fixes added on to the bike, most likely sold to him at the behest of my favourite Motor Fucker in the USA, take it all off. Re-install the factory map and tune it correctly. Then, if you feel the need, add a map built by someone who knows what they are doing. The reason so many people use Mark's is because they work.

Pete
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:58 am

OK, I will wait for cables for guzzidiag and then I will start with PC, where I at leat see the wires. After will try to take out this black box as all wires are lost somewhere down behind starter.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:29 am

Yes, it will be on a small sub loom that plugs in between the O2 sensor and the main loom. You will need to remove the starter motor cover and maybe the starter to access the plugs.

What else do you know about it's past? Can you try and find out where all this 'Wonder Shite' was purchased from? Info from the previous owner would be a huge help.

Pete
Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 am

This would be problem, as man I bought it, picked up GRiSO from service after rollerisation on Feb. 2017 as it was and just ride it. He did offered it just with PC, O2 he did not mentioned and when I asked him about "flashing black box" he supposed it as part of Dynojet PC.
I've take both PC and O2 out and now I have a problem. Both boxes were grounded on starter and when take out the ground bolt some aluminium pieces were on the bolt. Now I can't to (gently) screw it back. What can I do, to prevent even more damages?
At the evening I want to check, if it is really rollerised.

Thank you a lot.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:42 am

Stick a helicoil in to replace the stripped thread, no big deal. I do worry that it may of been badly remapped as part of its 'Tuning' process by the previous owner, (The results of which were so good he immediately sold the bike!) so it may run like shite. Won't know until you try it.

Yes, check it's been rollerised. If it hasn't it won't matter what you do.

Pete
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:15 pm

That little box is an o2 optimizer that Powercommander includes with the PCv. All you have to do is disconnect it and plug the OEM wires back together.

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:31 pm

Seems like helicoil is not easy available here. Would this be OK as well: Self-tapping thread insert Pete?
I am n ot an expert, but according to pictures on web it should be rollerised
isn't it?

All PC devices are out from GRiSO. When ground problem solved and cables ready I will try to load Beetle map for GPR exhoust.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:58 pm

Thread insert should be fine if there is enough metal in the boss to hold it.

Yep, those are rollers.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Peter, move your main earths to the bolt that is in the clutch housing - makes a huge difference. I, too, stripped the original earth point - made my own stud after re-tapping the stripped hole the next size - it just mounts the cover over the starter motor now.

Back to top Go down
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm

OK, so all done:
- a neighbour did come today and installed helicoil
- my son had a fun at replacing map with Beetle one (I assume it was stock map from year 2008 as original)
- inserted both db killers into GPR exhaust

and at evening I had a time for short ride - very nice. Even if I had not courage to run over 3500 rpm.

Thank you all, especially to Pete for patience,

Bill Dee likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Peter,

Tell us about the drawing in your avatar. Is this your son's artwork?

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
hezovka
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
hezovka

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:23 pm

Yes, it is first picture he has created where his idea was the same as our understanding - a snail. And it is partially about me, everything takes me...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Nice, I thought it was a snail. Sorry to hijack the thread, but here's one my youngest son made when he was four. He's twenty-nine now, but this has always been one of my favorites. I framed it and have it hanging in the bathroom.

NOW, BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAM...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 am

Street wrote:
Nice, I thought it was a snail. Sorry to hijack the thread, but here's one my youngest son made when he was four. He's twenty-nine now, but this has always been one of my favorites. I framed it and have it hanging in the bathroom.

NOW, BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAM...

Inspiring for sure, I've always appreciated your choice of mounting location...

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 am

hezovka wrote:

I had a time for short ride - very nice. Even if I had not courage to run over 3500 rpm.

Get that courage soon.  cheers

Mine is virtually boring below 4K.  Very Happy

Best,

Bill

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander vs. Beetle map   Power Commander vs. Beetle map Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Power Commander vs. Beetle map
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next