GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

From sea to mountain and back again

Go down 
+2
beetle
svru
6 posters
AuthorMessage
svru
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
svru

From sea to mountain and back again Empty
PostSubject: From sea to mountain and back again   From sea to mountain and back again Icon_minitime1Fri May 30, 2014 3:04 am

Did a really nice roundtrip with a group of mostly sport touring bike rider on ascension day. Deemed some of the best riding you can find in Norway, and on this beautiful day, air temperature between 12*C and 22*C and the sun really warming, it was as good as it gets.

Crossed the mountain at 1050m elevation on a road that reopened one week ago. And returning along a part of the Northsea coastline. The mountain road is always closed during winter because it is crossing the natural habitat of the southernmost population of wild reindeer in Europe, and there is also always some snow in the area.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GRiSO kissing 6m snow bank.

The roads are narrow and winding, so I think going about 450km with an average of over 70km/h reveals a group of twelve that decays into a rather sporty driving style. Anyway, I had to work the GRiSO a bit to keep up with the pace.  The bike itself is more than fast enough as I think you can utilize more of the powers than for instance in one of the ZZR12s I was chasing. It's my lack of skills and confidence at cornering that slows me down, I tend to upset the bike when entering a blind curve. Embarassed  But on the exit we where back in business due to torque an acceleration abilities. Laughing 

What really blew my mind was fuel consumption, at that pace constantly revving around 3,5 - 4k or above, climbing mountains, and with lots of heavy accelerations, it came in at 4,9 l/100km!Shocked 

And the Roadtec Z8 at front an Z6 rear are toast after some 6000 km, so new PR4 are on order.
Suspension setup might also be a topic I will have to look more into...

And everybody agreed it had been a wonderful day  sunny 

Svein

Suleskarvegen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: From sea to mountain and back again   From sea to mountain and back again Icon_minitime1Fri May 30, 2014 3:21 am

Great ride report and photos, Svein.

Have some cred.  Thumbs Up 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: From sea to mountain and back again   From sea to mountain and back again Icon_minitime1Fri May 30, 2014 7:25 am

I wish I had been on that ride!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: From sea to mountain and back again   From sea to mountain and back again Icon_minitime1Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 am

Thank you for the fun report Svein! Looks like a beautiful Spring day in Norway, a great day to chase sportbikes on a GRiSO!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: From sea to mountain and back again   From sea to mountain and back again Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:21 am

Thanks Svein
When I looked at the first photo I didn't know what the white wall was.
Wow 6m wall of snow.
Thanks for sharing.

Harry
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: From sea to mountain and back again   From sea to mountain and back again Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Glad you had a fun ride Svein. I too rode last sunday and it was 22 C here as well, but no wall of snow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From sea to mountain and back again   From sea to mountain and back again Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

From sea to mountain and back again
Page 1 of 1