GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum

Go down 
+8
sideshowbob
Papa Lazarou
marcdavo
NorthernProducer
sidrat
Guzzi Cat
Street
Il Griso
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Empty
PostSubject: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Dear friends,

on another bike tour this summer from Tyrol/Austria to Meran/Italy I crossed the Timmelsjoch.

At an altitude of 2575m above Australia there is a brandnew motorcycle museum which is worth, to share a few pictures of theme.
If you ever come to Austria (and it is worth to do it!!) don't miss the oportunity to step in there!

Please enjoy the pictures with me:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last but not least:
Il GRiSO's BMW XChallenge in front of a snow wall close to the museum
June 27th, 2017

Pfiat enk, servus, gruezi and ciao, Ralf

Last edited by Il Griso on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Below the link to the engish language webpage!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Great, Ralf, thanks for posting those pictures. I had a gold and black Honda CB 750 like the one in the third-to-last picture. It never looked as nice as that one though.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Hey IL GRiSO, you are bringing back some great memories from me and my wife's trip of a lifetime through your beautiful part of the world this summer. We went over the Timmelsjoch in the middle of June and also visited the fabulous bike museum. Thumbs Up

The previous day we rode the Fernpass and visited Neuschwanstein Castle. (too bad it was lying on its side) Very Happy

And then on to Mandelo del Lario over the Stelvio  cheers and on to the Dolomites.

Two weeks of heaven and I cant wait to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Great pics, Guzzi cat!

How many Chinese people have you seen in Füssen @ Neuschwanstein castle?
When I was there, I stopped counting @ 1000.000!

Ralf
Back to top Go down
Il Griso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Il Griso

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Guzzi cat,

2011 I spent the holidays with my family in Ireland (unfortunately riding an Audi and not a GRiSO).
First we have been in the Dublin area (I loved the pubs!!!) then down to Cork, further to the southwest coast and finally visited the Killorney National Park.

What a great nature!
And curvy roads without end. And hordes of sheeps on the road - beside the road - and everywhere!
The only thing, I was wondering about was, that I did not see any motorcycles on the road!

Maybe we have had luck: 2 weeks of sunshine w/o rain. And I think this was the abnormallity there and could be a reason for the missing bikers!

In a bar in a haven on the southwest cost, I tested some glasses of Jameson and Glendalough Whiskeys. Resulted in an incredible hangover!

You are living in a lovely countryside too!
Ralf

Last edited by Il Griso on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Immediatly on my wish list!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Really enjoyed the tour...thanks for pic's!
Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:05 am

bloody awesome..thanx Il GRiSO.
Nice spot for a bike museum, fantastic country side and I can only dream about how good the roads must be... As opposed to mostly donkey trails we have in rural in Queensland, Au...
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:55 pm

I had an RE5 once. Never again.
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Dragged this one home earlier this year, hadn't run in over 10 years. Worked it over and sold it. Made enough to pay for half of my new GRiSO. Handled like riding a sow through a mud bog. Cool technology for the time and they are smooth.
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:13 am

Great photos, thanks for sharing. That looks like the perfect touring trip.
Back to top Go down
2cylinderguy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
2cylinderguy

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Oh, wow. I didn't know about that. Definitely going to try and make that next year. 'And' I get to go via the awesome Furka Pass. Pics to follow!
Back to top Go down
stdunkel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
stdunkel

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:13 am

Love it! Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Ditchfinder
Carlotto
Carlotto
Ditchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:42 am

We're lucky enough to ski in Obergurgl most years - it's a fabulous place in winter might need to make time to visit in summer too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum   Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Top Mountain Motorcycle Museum
Page 1 of 1