GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

LED Strobe Brake Light

Go down 
+4
DangWangi
Oz1200Guzzi
PJPR01
zebraranger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

LED Strobe Brake Light Empty
PostSubject: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 pm

Because I do a lot of urban riding in some of the country's craziest traffic, I started installing these TIR3 Watt 4 LED strobe brake lights on my bikes back in 2013 as an additional high visibility brake light. They work well, I haven't been rear ended yet. I finally got around to taking a video of one on the GRiSO and thought I'd post it for those who might be interested. The 2nd video is of one that I installed in 2014 on my Triumph Trophy. They are of a very high quality, made of a steel or aluminum waterproof housing with thick glass lenses. The one I installed on the GRiSO was purchased in 2013 and taken off of one of my previous bikes, so they hold up well. The Triumph video shows day and night comparison.

GRiSO Video

Triumph Video

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm

That looks cool...so is that connected with a separate controller or spliced into the existing rear brake light?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:32 pm

Good on you ZR. It's a shame we need to draw attention to ourselves, for the great unwashed (tin top drivers, whose focus, if you are lucky is the end of their own vehicle - generally it's on their phone). Ban cars I say.
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:15 am

PJPR01 wrote:
That looks cool...so is that connected with a separate controller or spliced into the existing rear brake light?

No controller needed, simple two wire hookup spliced into the existing brake light wiring in the tail section, 2nd wire is a ground wire. There's a 3rd wire that when touching to the power wire it changes the strobe pattern. So I hooked up an inline switch so that I can change the pattern at the push of a button that's hidden under the seat. The cost is under $25.00 and they are available here on Amazon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . If anyone orders one, make sure that you select the RED, they're available in different colors.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:46 am

Looks good! Any pictures of how you mounted it and the wiring configuration with the switch you used?
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:23 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
grisotx
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
grisotx

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Thu May 30, 2019 6:13 am

zebraranger wrote:

Where did you tap into the tail light and brake light wires? I have hyperlites but holding off on the cutting and splicing.

Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:26 am

So I would like to do this and put an extra Turn Signals and Brake light to attach to my side cases and Top case for touring- I figure the extra visibility would be good.... Has anyone done this/Is there an easy way to 'plug and place' this system, I'd rather not have to splice wires and am looking for a clean swap?

A system like this?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But with a clean mounting/Plug system like:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Does anyone know the size/style of the Standard GRiSO Connectors? Maybe I can buy, wire my own, and then just plug/unplug whenever I setup the touring kit?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:33 am

I have done exactly that for my handguard lights - both running and turn indicator. I purchased a set of small 4 way plugs/sockets (you could get away with 2 way for just the turn indicators).

My handguards are from BarkBusters - and the factory is just down the road from me. They advise to cut into the wiring loom for a permanent connection. They saw what I did and liked the idea, saying they had never thought of doing it!

Try someone like Arrow or one of the other purveyors of electronic bits and pieces. You will have to merge it into your existing loom, but that is a one-off if you go the plug/socket route. Make sure you get connectors that latch - we all know what vibes can do to unlatched connections...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:58 pm

b3177h wrote:

Does anyone know the size/style of the Standard GRiSO Connectors? Maybe I can buy, wire my own, and then just plug/unplug whenever I setup the touring kit?

The indicators use Molex connectors. 1.57mm/0.062" IIRC.
Part # 03062023 & 03061023

I bought some several years ago, but I can't find the order.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:50 pm

These are generally pretty available at the usual outlets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED Strobe Brake Light   LED Strobe Brake Light Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

LED Strobe Brake Light
Page 1 of 1