GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Cell Holder Bling

Go down 
+7
Diablo Loco
motor-timothy
bahamazoo
waterbottle
Stubbie
Richard
Dilliw
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:36 am

A new toy showed up from the Amazon drone this morning...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Congrats ! Is the phone tightened strong enough when riding ?
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Deja vu I just bought the same thing last week. Waiting to arrive in the post.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Richard_HdS wrote:
Congrats ! Is the phone tightened strong enough when riding ?

I'm nursing an injury so wasn't able to test drive, but it seems like it has plenty of bite as long as you don't have a super thick case on the phone. Don't know if the vibration is going to start the screw backing out but for another $5 you can add the silicone bands and that would give it some security.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:08 pm

Dilliw : Looks like a good mount Thumbs Up What breed of Phone is that ? I have a Ram Mount I use on my bikes but I've found the vibration Kills the Image stabiliser for photos in the iPhones. I wrecked 2 before i worked out it was the bike doing it.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:26 am

too many selfies maybe Ron.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:08 am

That's an LG G6. I also have an iPhone but bought the Droid especially for bike use and so I could keep business and pleasure separate. The G6 is waterproof and has a really nice screen, you just have to load the Pixel launcher and apps on top of the LG crap. Used they are about $150US

Oh and it has dual lenses, shoots video in 4k and supports the 256 SD cards
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am

Nice holder, but I'd be in constant fear of loosing my phone Laughing
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:03 pm

mmm.
my phone lives in my pocket while I'm riding. (always in the same one so that if I end up in a ditch maybe my last efforts might be able to retrieve it...)
I don't take calls or messages until I stop and maybe remember that my phone is in my pocket.
navigation?? I have a clear tank bag top that often has a napkin from last nights pub with a few pertinent directions on it, if required.
there are plenty of things to keep my attention heads up when I'm riding.

just sayin.

maybe I'll never evolve.
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:50 pm

waterbottle wrote:
Dilliw : Looks like a good mount Thumbs Up  What breed of Phone is that ?  I have a Ram Mount I use on my bikes but I've found the vibration Kills the Image stabiliser for photos in the iPhones. I wrecked 2 before i worked out it was the bike doing it.  

I had 2 HTC's do a similar thing that the company put down to vibration. This was in the pocket! The fail was the focus motor.

Current phone, a CAT S60 has survived falling out my pocket whilst riding. Scratches on the Ali case and replaced the screen protective film and good to go. Thing's a brick.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:33 am

bahamazoo wrote:
mmm.
my phone lives in my pocket while I'm riding. (always in the same one so that if I end up in a ditch maybe my last efforts might be able to retrieve it...)
I don't take calls or messages until I stop and maybe remember that my phone is in my pocket.
navigation?? I have a clear tank bag top that often has a napkin from last nights pub with a few pertinent directions on it, if required.
there are plenty of things to keep my attention heads up when I'm riding.

just sayin.

maybe I'll never evolve.

Yeah this will be a first for me too. Ive always worried that a camera would document me doing something stupid and I don't talk on the phone much. Good news is if I don't like it...
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:35 am

I went thru a Go-Pro phase.... have hours of mind numbing viewing...
It never looks like moto gp, you have to get seriously close to get good footage, and no matter how quick you guys thought you were going, it usually looks quite tame, sadly....

As a 'SMIDSY' weapon, good idea. Just make sure it can't see your speed... Mr Plod sure doesn't like being filmed, but he'll happily confiscate (try to) your footage against you...
I've been looking at a few of those ones that loop record endlessly.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:49 am

yeah, um, right, something . . .

I put on a RAM Mount for my CATS60, fairly indestructible phone, to use as a nav aid on my trip last spring. The wife, always worried about me, asked me to put a tracking app on it so she would know where I was. She tells me to slow down! Apparently the app also reports speeds. App removed shortly there after. Really strange, cruising at 85 past parked state troopers and nothing. And people in cars were passing me. What do you have to do to get a ticket?

I also installed a USB charging port. I thought the vibration took a toll on my phone. After a few days on the road the charging cable connection was kaput. I thought I'd have to get a new phone because of it. Turns out the cable itself was damaged. Although, the phone is now much more sensitive about the quality of the cable and connection. No more $5 gas station cables.

All in all the tech part is good. I've been around with nothing put a couple maps in my pocket and pay phones. You can still get paper maps but pay phones are nonexistent these days. Better? Worse? No, just different.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Ratso88. If you want a ticket come to Victoria In OZ. Anything more than about 3KMH (not MPH) over the limit will get you one. Anything over 25KMH above the limit will see you lose your license. We are the nanny state.
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
zebraranger

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:39 am

I've used several different phone mounts over the years and found the Ram X mount to be the best mount for phones. It has 360 degree adjustability, its rock solid and it will hold a phone even in an thicker Otter Box protector with no movement.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 pm

zebraranger wrote:
I've used several different phone mounts over the years and found the Ram X mount to be the best mount for phones. It has 360 degree adjustability, its rock solid and it will hold a phone even in an thicker Otter Box protector with no movement.

That is the one I have used for years and nary a problem. Well losing one of those rubberr tips, but they can be bought cheap
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Sponsored content

Cell Holder Bling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cell Holder Bling   Cell Holder Bling Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cell Holder Bling
Page 1 of 1