GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi

Go down 
+10
Papa Lazarou
beetle
bahamazoo
wardentm
mark111
Bill Hagan
Bulldog9
motor-timothy
V11
Oz1200Guzzi
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:15 am

Tony, let me get this right - you bought the copy Chinese manf injectors ? They are good ? My brother in laws 750 Breva needs a new injector due to over zealous cleaning - broken connector on the side of the injector. These ones from China are OK ?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:04 pm

What Martin actually cleaned his Breva?
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:33 pm

He got a mobile motorcycle detailer in, but maybe a bit too much high pressure spray in the wrong spot.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:57 am

Now that sounds about right. Say hi for me please.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Well, so far the Chinese injectors are doing a mighty fine job. Yesterday was quite a warm day and I went to the MGOA NSW club meeting in the city (only to have a beer with the new Australian Land Speed Record holders, and to hear the story).

Having blocked off the steeper (again), the bike ran flawlessly, both in the heat and the Southerly going home last night (got the bike washed too, it rained a bit). Started first go both cold and hot and never missed a beat, unlike before. If anything, it's a different bike, and the exhaust sounds different. The popping on the overrun is gone too - though a nice burble is still there Mark.

Whoda Thunk the injectors would do all that?

Stepper motor is now disabled, permanently, more or less. Unless I find a cost effective new replacement, which is not likely.
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:59 am

What is the effect of riding the bike without the stepper Don ???
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:51 am

mine has been disconnected for well over a year....
the difference -for me- is that it idles better and doesn't rev up at the traffic lights when its hot....

short story = is better.

but I also don't need a choke where I live...
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Hmmm!!! wonder if this should be a wider consideration for others. Be interested to hear Pete's sublime response.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 am

caveat that should have been applied above: my 1200 is the ditch pump 2V motor....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm

You can run the motor without the stepper if you're willing to put up with manipulating the throttle until it warms up, it won't do any harm. Thing is you shouldn't have to.

In my experience it is mainly the alloy bodied steppers that have problems and most problems are caused by over-filling the engine with oil.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 am

Um, significant egg on face time!

Dunno how I did it, but I had the CO trim set to +20 - egads, that's a lot of extra fuel. No wonder the exhaust sound so different.

Got to 300 km and the fuel light came on (usually upwards of 370 or so). Ended up scrambling for the nearest fuel outlet, so I didn't have to push the old girl too far (I am a lazy sod).

I must have left it there when I was mucking around with the old injectors, before I changed them.

Also calls into question the fuel consumption readings in the dash - it probably does not take into account the CO variations that can be messed up. It has been said the readings are useless - in this case it's true, I was still getting 4.6 l/100 km - the truth is different, but I couldn't be arsed writing it down every time I fill up.

For a while there I thought I had a GRiSO!

Off to the garage to fix it, following a warm up ride. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:16 am

^^^^
"For a while there I thought I had a GRiSO"
Cruel, so cruel.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:36 am

Turns out the CO was at 0. Hmm, he says, might it be riding into the teeth of a fairly solid southerly yesterday arvo, at excessive speeds? Well, Maybe...

Checked plugs and they look very dark/wet. Adjusted the fuel table, uploaded it, and will try it again in a few hundred km. In the meantime, I will check consumption without riding into a southerly.

As Julius Sumner Miller say: "Why is it so". Turns out I was using the Android scanm5x tool, and it came up with lots of errors. Mayhaps it was telling pork pies? Funny how it's not on the Play Store any more, as has been mentioned before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi   Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Magic juice for your Moto Guzzi
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2