GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase

Go down 
+3
Street
wyno
b3177h
7 posters
AuthorMessage
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Empty
PostSubject: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:24 pm

Hey Guys

Looking to upgrade my storage capacity- I'm planning cross country trip this summer and softbags won't cut it anymore- I don't like the look of the C-bow.

Has anyone uses Hepco and Becker's rail system in combination with the xplorer hard cases?

Looks pricey but I still think I'm going to do it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:10 pm

I use the H&B side rails with H&B 40 litre Journey cases. I also have a H&B top box rack fitted, but you can't use the top box and the panniers at the same time because the top box rack is 6 inches too low. Quite bad planning on the part of Hepco and Becker. I was thinking about getting the Xplorer cases but I think I prefer the more streamlined look of the Journeys.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Here's my setup - works for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:49 pm

I don't want to sound critical, but why are the bags mounted so high? Surely, it is better to have all that weight in the bags as low as possible.

Tell me I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:57 pm

Looks to me that the left side bag has to be high to avoid hitting the exhaust pipe.
The right side bag is high to match the left side.
That's my hunch.
Funny about the soft bags. I just ordered a set today.
To each his own.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Those are the HB racks designed specifically for the GRiSO. And yes, it allows clearance for the stock exhaust. It may also be a function of the camera angle - in reality they don't seem too high at all. For the sake of comparison, on my 2007 1100 GRiSO I made racks myself and I did mount them lower. That bike had a Mistral high pipe that I had to work around, but no issues. I put 50,000 miles on that one.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
cold hands
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cold hands

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 am

Street. May I ask what windshield is on the nice red GRiSO pictured?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:43 am

It's a no longer available Givi model. I actually have one I'll probably never use so seek advice and then, if you'd like one I'll probably be willing to sell.

I have the 'Factory' big screen which is all I think I'll ever need as my body is telling me my riding days are numbered, at least on big bikes.

Pete
Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:09 am

Street are those the 'Journey' Cases.
I like that look better than I thought I would...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:15 pm

No, they're just the old standard model 30 litre side cases.

Also, Cold Hands, that red fairing is a Givi A770 - as Pete says, no longer available.

Pete (Street)

Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:32 pm

Ended up going with the Hepco Becker Side rack support and the xplorer panniers to go with them for the GRiSO

Folks at Moto Machines outside of DC helped me with them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Side Rack was relatively straightforward- except you need to remove the rear turn signals- and the easiest way I found was to drop the whole rear fender assembly- which was kind of a pain to plug the rear turn signals back in with only two hands..

Back to top Go down
b3177h
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
b3177h

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:34 pm

please excuse the dirty storage locker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase   Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hepco & Becker’s Hardcase
Page 1 of 1