GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?

Go down 
+2
paulbrice
Bigcalm
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigcalm
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bigcalm

Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Empty
PostSubject: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:00 am

Hey

I'm removing the rear fender for a cleaner tail look (the ergo plate will be lower on a mono bracket off the CARC)

What do you use to mount the blinkers...a bracket from local hardware store or is there a purpose made bracket?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:59 am

Some of the tail tidy kits come with integrated and some with (purpose made) separate blinker brackets....obviously you are dropping licence plate down to CARC so you'll either need to source some spare brackets or just need to knock them up using Steel/Al sheet or hardware shop stuff. I fitted GT one so used the brackets they supplied

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 am

I saw this today and thought if I flip it and make a caliper mount it might just work .........
except .................. what you see here .......................... costs US$680-

Back to top Go down
Bigcalm
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bigcalm

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:03 am

ghezzi wrote:
I saw this today and thought if I flip it and make a caliper mount it might just work .........
except .................. what you see here .......................... costs US$680-

Looks the Biz...except for the $

I just found an item from KC34 which has integrated ergo holder, light and blinker kit...could be the go
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:11 am

Why would you want to add more weight to the already bulky bevelbox assembly? Mad!

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Why would you want to add more weight to the already bulky bevelbox assembly? Mad!

Pete

<<<<<<< Coz I can, my avatar saved me 4.5kg of unsprung weight.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:32 pm

Don't you know a good machinist Wayne?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:13 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

<<<<<<< Coz I can, my avatar saved me 4.5kg of unsprung weight.

So why sacrifice some of that for something that performs no real function?

Look, I agree, do anything that floats yer boat. I was just saying I think it’s bonkers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Current lightweight alloy guard has developed stress cracks, better fix it before I loose another number plate and tail light.

Gen 4 ????????????????????????

Maybe I should get the new BUNKERS.
Back to top Go down
motor-timothy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
motor-timothy

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:11 pm

ghezzi wrote:

Is it made of platinum? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dave R
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave R

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:37 pm

So, much as Pete hates the CARC mounted plate holder, I fitted one - love that massive gap between the tyre & body.   Extremely well made, even came with a couple of brackets to refit the indicators, reflector & LED number plate light.  Not bothered about a bit of extra weight - after my last bike, anything that can crack a ton is fast

Back to top Go down
Bigcalm
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bigcalm

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 am

Dave R wrote:
So, much as Pete hates the CARC mounted plate holder, I fitted one - love that massive gap between the tyre & body.   Extremely well made, even came with a couple of brackets to refit the indicators, reflector & LED number plate light.  Not bothered about a bit of extra weight - after my last bike, anything that can crack a ton is fast

Nice...I've gone down the same route...looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Bigcalm
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Bigcalm

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 am

I guess you either love em or hate em.

But I reckon they add something to the lock of the bike and as I don't plan racing the GRiSO any time soon, I've also gone for one.Looks great!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?   Fitting rear bunkers with no fender? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fitting rear bunkers with no fender?
Page 1 of 1