GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally, footpegs?

Go down 
+13
Bulldog9
Bill Hagan
tvboy
ecs
beetle
Pete Roper
guzziownr
Dilliw
Stromgriso
davem
Papa Lazarou
kiwi dave
OldMojo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Chilly here in Oregon today, but took these new footpegs for a spin.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:42 pm

And? scratch Wink
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Very nice, 25mm drop- didn’t do any other mods on the shifter or brake other than normal peg adjustments. Feels a bit more roomy. “Slingshot “ from AF1, $99 delivered. And they’re red, which makes the bike go faster.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
tvboy
Biondino
Biondino
tvboy

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:02 pm

Ha! I was just wondering if I could keep up with you now.

Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:06 pm

😆

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:26 pm

Stromgriso wrote:
Very nice, 25mm drop- didn’t do any other mods on the shifter or brake other than normal peg adjustments. Feels a bit more roomy.  “Slingshot “ from AF1, $99 delivered.  And they’re red, which makes the bike go faster.

Sent from Topic'it App

Thanks.

Reading Mark's various woes with foot pegs has had me wary, but think I'll order some to see if they work for me.

Suspect that pegs -- as can w/s and other bits -- can be mighty subjective items on a moto.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:52 pm

You’re so right about the subjective angle there, Bill. I believe there was another type of footpeg on the AF1 webpage. Used their search option, “GRiSO Footpegs”. Best of luck in your quest.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 am

Stromgriso wrote:
Had an issue with the Knight Design on my 2016.  Ordered and received thru Amazon. They looked like great quality, but were not oriented correctly due to the peg mounts.  Did a return and talked to the nice lady who called me (Mrs Knight, I presume?).  She said yes, there was a foot peg design change on the 2016 and later GRiSO’s.  She did give me a full refund which included shipping.  Very nice to deal with.  I’m still in search of lowered footpegs though.

Hmmm, I am unsure about that. I bought an 07 that the PO had replaced with a 2017. He put the the Pegs from the 2017 on the 2007 before trade in. I added the 1" KD with no issues. If I remember correctly, I adjusted the shift linkage and changed the tow peg on the brake lever, but that was 4 years ago, and many bikes all mixed up in the scrambled eggs.
Back to top Go down
scagliog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
scagliog

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:13 am

So the knight pegs will NOT work on my 2017??
Back to top Go down
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:53 am

Now I say yes, they should after the good Grisonauts on this site clarified that for me. AF1 Racing has cheaper sets as well as the K-D type, so I went with these: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
FrontRangeRider
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FrontRangeRider

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Thanks, Stromgriso.  Based on your comments, I just bought a set of these for my red GRiSO.

Update - Installed these today and am surprised by the difference in feel that 1" makes in the legroom.  I could not detect any issues with using the brake or shifting but I had the bike tied to the maintenance stand to while sitting on it.  Weather here did not support going for a test ride.
Back to top Go down
Kentish Pete
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Kentish Pete

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 am

I've got a pair of the Vario pegs on my 8V SE. They're good quality and look great. Only drawback is that your feet will be about 20mm further out, so I find myself having to angle my toes in slightly to hit the brake or gear change lever
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 am

FrontRangeRider wrote:
Thanks, Stromgriso.  Based on your comments, I just bought a set of these for my red GRiSO.

Update - Installed these today and am surprised by the difference in feel that 1" makes in the legroom.  I could not detect any issues with using the brake or shifting but I had the bike tied to the maintenance stand to while sitting on it.  Weather here did not support going for a test ride.

If you need to drop the brake lever you can get some of these

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:28 am

I installed these on my GRiSO but haven't had a chance to ride with them yet. Very adustable and excellent quality

Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:15 pm

Kentish Pete wrote:
I've got a pair of the Vario pegs on my 8V SE. They're good quality and look great. Only drawback is that your feet will be about 20mm further out, so I find myself having to angle my toes in slightly to hit the brake or gear change lever

This. I decided to go with the AF1 SSR pieces and have the same issue. I've adjusted to it somewhat, but would rather not have to.

cognosticator wrote:

Do you have these? The 44mm length indicated makes them only 1mm longer than stock. However, if the offset part which isn't indicated is at least 4mm thick, it would probably be enough to alleviate the pigeon-toe issue.

Just eyeballing it against the other dimensions, it looks to be at least that much.
Back to top Go down
davem
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
davem

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:08 am

OldMojo wrote:
Kentish Pete wrote:

This. I decided to go with the AF1 SSR pieces and have the same issue. I've adjusted to it somewhat, but would rather not have to.

cognosticator wrote:

Do you have these? The 44mm length indicated makes them only 1mm longer than stock. However, if the offset part which isn't indicated is at least 4mm thick, it would probably be enough to alleviate the pigeon-toe issue.

Just eyeballing it against the other dimensions, it looks to be at least that much.

I drilled and tapped the ends and added an extension (which you could do with the oem parts). The main advantage is the drop in the rear brake lever position to match the lowered pegs.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Got my 40mm lower pegs installed with a lowered shifter and brake peg.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, footpegs?   Finally, footpegs? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally, footpegs?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2