GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Look what the easter bunny brought me

Go down 
+3
GHTE
Bill Hagan
cognosticator
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

Look what the easter bunny brought me Empty
PostSubject: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 am

It is a used Penske shock from a Stelvio.  Not sure of the mileage on it but I will mount it and see how it feels.  If it needs rebuilding Traxxion Dynamics in Atlanta will do it complete for $200, still a deal.  A double clicker which is more than I know what to do with.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by cognosticator on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:47 am

Super.

Curious as to your views after mounting it ... and you figure it out. Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Neat.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm

lovely cheers
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:13 pm

That's a great prize !
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
Super.

Curious as to your views after mounting it ... and you figure it out.  Very Happy

Bill

I will post up after getting it mounted. My only problem right now is not being able to ride until June . I plan on mounting it this Saturday and trying to set sag

By June I hope to have AK20 cartridges installed in the forks
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Jerry, since Easter is still a ways off, it must be from the pre-Easter bunny. Imagine your surprise when the real Easter bunny brings the AK20 cartridges!
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:49 am

Jerry,

You’ll be riding on a Cadillac suspension. Let me know if you need help wrenching on it. Could come over tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
cognosticator
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
cognosticator

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:16 pm

JohnA wrote:
Jerry,

You’ll be riding on a Cadillac suspension. Let me know if you need help wrenching on it. Could come over tomorrow.

Thanks John but I installed the shock today, I also mounted a rear Pilot Road 5 and put on the carbon fiber rear hugger.

It was a small PITA to get it installed but that was user error they way I set things up, but I finally got ur dun LOL

I can tell I a sitting higher. I measured the center to center disatance and on the Penske it was 1/2" longer but it feels higher than that. I have not even begun setting the suspension but will get to that before June. I also plan on taking the forks off while at it change the front tire.

Here are a couple of pictures of it and the hugger mounted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what the easter bunny brought me   Look what the easter bunny brought me Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Look what the easter bunny brought me
Page 1 of 1