GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Out on the road

Go down 
+3
JohnA
MalG
ratso88
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Making a run out to Phoenix Arizona.

Plan in a little scenery for a change.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:35 pm

Just where you're supposed to be.

Let us know how the Kriega combo works out on the road.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 pm

That’s a pretty good trip from Indy to PHX this time of year or any time really. I’m impressed with your efficiently packed up GRiSO. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sunset from the stands at the Arizona TT.
Really a different kind of race. Had a good time.

Heading back home now.

Hopefully no more storms. (Kriega bags did the job)
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 3:59 pm

I made it back home some 4500 additional miles on the GRiSO. Weather was not cooperation at all. I should really reevaluate my timing in the future.

Second day out ran right into a storm front on the Natchez Trace and had to make a run for cover, hotel. No camping out in that downpour.
Next day back on the Trace I gave up counting downed trees removed from the road after a dozen or so.

Hit New Orleans for a day and two nights. French Quarter not so much, all drinking and carrying on, younger mans game. The Garden District was real nice as was Magazine street. I did find two breweries, one with a beer garden. Nice to sit in the sun and enjoy a couple beers. I would recommend Miel Brewery & Taproom as a nice relaxing stop. Outdoor ping pong table and other games, dogs, kids and a big pot of crayfish. First time for me in a cashless establishment, really only cards. What's up with that?

On to visit my sister in Texas. She's about an hour or so west of Houston. She lives in a small town with a private lake. The lake is off limits to boating and swimming due to alligators, she took me down there but I didn't see any. Maybe next time.

More damp and rain up to San Angelo where it looked like I'd be able to dry out. Found another Brewery, funny like that. Not far from there to the state park where I got my tent set up and the rain started again for real. Lightening and thunder all night. Kept dry in my little tent, surprised it/I didn't blow away.

Albuquerque New Mexico up next. Visiting a good friend from back in the day and his family. Weather cooperating for the time being. Next day on to Phoenix Arizona and the Supper TT. I'm a fan of Flat Track racing in general and this was really different. The race was run on the Trophy Truck track at the local motorsports park. Three left turns and one right, a number of jumps and rollers. I liked the racing but thought there were too many crashes, mostly in the junior class. Not a fan of ambulance rides for anyone.

Couple more days relax in Arizona then back straight home. Seemed to catch nothing but rain from Oklahoma on into Indiana. No sight seeing, wanting a few days at home before returning to work. Still raining and the grass needs cutting.

Through all this the GRiSO never gave a hint of trouble.

Will post up some photos in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Glad you made it ... and made it back. cheers

Look forward to those pix.

Bill
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Breakfast of champions, New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 5:58 pm

GRiSO doing the best Submarine impression on the Trace. Had to use the flash. Nearest hotel was 30 miles away.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 6:11 pm

My sister's place in Texas. Very nice house. All upgrades done, except . . . air conditioning.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Old worn-out GRiSO rider. Grabbing a beer with my sister.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 6:21 pm

Antique graffiti in New Mexico.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 6:26 pm

Couple old motorcycle guys with a retired ICBM.
Nuclear Museum in Albuquerque.
Surprising amount of effort put into "The Bomb" and variations there of. Made me kind of sad, really.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 6:35 pm

That's pretty much what I have. Sorry, I'm not one for taking a load of pictures. Lots of fantastic roads, I took mostly US highways, state and county roads out to Phoenix. 400 - 500 miles a day, plenty of breaks for fuel and stretching the legs. Three weeks on the road was nice.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 11:37 pm

cheers

Great write-up & pics. The one with the ICBM's gave me goosebumps.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Sun May 05, 2019 11:57 pm

Thank you for sharing. Great way to see your country, family and friends with plenty on "me" time.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2019 4:00 am

Post flat tappet and especially 2015 and up Grisos (post sump spacer gasket failure) are pretty much bullet proof. Same with the 1100...mine has 32K miles and runs like new.
I put 36K miles on my 09 back in the days before the tappets finally gave up...I'm one of the few to be lucky to rack up that many miles before it failed but I'd be damned to put even 50 miles on a flat tappet bike now that we all know it's a 100% certainty to shat its top end.

Glad to see folks taking long trips on the mighty GRiSO. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out on the road Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out on the road   Out on the road Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Out on the road
Page 1 of 1