GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

newbie with questions

Go down 
+8
Street
wyno
sideshowbob
bahamazoo
Grisonut
fossilrider
Richard
usedtobefast
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fossilrider
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fossilrider

newbie with questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DT3 Yamaha restored from a very rough, incomplete roller. Sold and now working on a DT400.
Back to top Go down
fossilrider
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fossilrider

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:07 pm

'80 G5 I sold about 3 years ago, and was having seller's remorse as the guy was loading the bike. So, I searched until I found a T3 (stock) to replace it. It is almost ready to ride. Great old bikes. Hope you guys enjoy seeing these. Will post more later. Regards, Steve
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:10 pm

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Glad your grandson came to the rescue, Steve, great to finally see your pictures!

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:12 pm

Wow, amazing looking bikes! Funny I was excited about the DT-400. Hope yours is the twin shock model.
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:27 pm

holy crap. teach a man to fish....

cheers Fossil., and kudos to the grandson!!
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:58 pm

Keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
fossilrider
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fossilrider

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 am

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Yes, the DT400 is a '75 twin shock bike. I have never had one of these so didn't know what to expect, when I get it done. Very good friend (the guy who built the motor for it) has over 40 years as a yamaha mechanic and shocked me by saying these '75/'76 models will run close to 100mph ! Not that you need that on an enduro bike, but I was surprised. He said the next year they actually de-tuned them somewhat. Everyone have a GREAT day.
Back to top Go down
fossilrider
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fossilrider

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 pm

My baby! And a Stornello I recently sold.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
fossilrider
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fossilrider

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 pm

Back to top Go down
threefenders
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
threefenders

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 12, 2019 10:48 am

Hello Fossil,
I have the same problem. I can buy bikes, but I can't seem to sell them.
I'm down to 6 at this time.
I've given away more bikes then I own.
I have several in the Barber Museum.
I have a 15 GRiSO V8. I have left it stock. It will Go Faster than I need to go !!!
I'm 78 years old!
I also have a Enfield GT, A Yamaha SRX 6, A Honda CBR, A Norton Mateese, and a Aermacchi 350.
You moght notice I'm a singles FAN !!!
I plan to keep riding until they throw dirt in my face !!!
Thumperman!

Back to top Go down
fossilrider
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fossilrider

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 12, 2019 4:25 pm

NICE, Thumperman! Yeah, I had a young guy a couple years ago, who was so impressed with the looks of my GRiSO, ask me how fast it would go. He was really unimpressed when I said" maybe 130-140mph". I didn't bother to tell him that, while I enjoy a good "brisk" pace, I have reached the age of 71, kept my license, kept my insurance, stayed out of jail and stayed alive by using some common sense, thank you very much. I have a few cousins who run top-end sanctioned events and all belong to the 200mph club. I have a photo of one of them in a Motul ad at 232mph. While I have a love for fast bikes, I find it is not fun once it becomes life-threatening. I have always loved the Yamaha SRX6, and the 500 Enfields are just plain cool! I also agree with you about not planning to hang up the riding clothes any time soon. I tell folks that my bikes are "my old age repellent". Hang in there. Steve
Back to top Go down
fossilrider
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
fossilrider

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 5:10 am

Well, I'm back with another question. I have a friend who has a map upgrade for his GRiSO which he says really helped the throttle response, etc.. He says he would be happy to share it with me BUT while my GRiSO is a two valve, his is the four valve. Will the upgrade work on my bike or do they take different ones? I am just now getting back to this issue since I have been so busy with other projects, including starting the resto on the Yamaha DT400 I mentioned before (pics will be coming). Thanks guys for any info. Foss
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 24, 2019 5:31 am

No. For reasons that should be painfully obvious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:23 pm

That Ossa looks super sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie with questions   newbie with questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

newbie with questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2