GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A Thought Experiment

Go down 
+6
Rushjob
Richard
beetle
Pisano
wyno
Street
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

A Thought Experiment Empty
PostSubject: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 4:59 am

Pisano sent me a message complimenting me on my Stryker fairing and asking how I thought it would look with the Morimoto LED headlight - the one with the fins that has a kinship to the double barrel GRiSO exhaust. I'm not sure I'm quite sold on the LED headlight concept just yet, but it does pose an interesting thought experiment and a fun PhotoShop opportunity. I do love the stock can and plan to keep it on my current G, but not quite ready for the LEDs. Then again, it does look pretty bad-ass.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 5:22 am

The headlight and Stryker fairing look good. The exhaust I've never been a fan of which is why I changed mine.
Back to top Go down
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 5:37 am

Wow Pete thanks for doing that.  Great job once again!  

The Morimoto is a bit longer than most LEDS and the Stryker fairing washes the length out nicely.  Looks evil and hungry - in a good way- but might be too busy.

I can't make up my mind on the fairing and LED combo but I'm convinced that the fairing rules.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 6:55 am

I, for one, welcome our new alien robot overlords.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 7:58 am

Exterminate. Exterminate.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 10:51 pm

Personally I prefer the exhaust 8v shape rather than the cyclops headlight cyclops
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Sat May 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Jokes aside, I actually think it looks great. I am almost tempted to reinstall my Stryker fairing (suitably orangified, of course).

Wanna go halvesies in a pair, Pete?

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:07 am

Like beetle the oem exhaust is unique to m/cling & for that reason I'll keep mine.
The fairing isn't bad but the LED lights look like a protracted arsehole.
IMO
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:12 am

OOPS!! A long day. I meant to say prolapsed arsehole.😔
IMO
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:34 am

long day in the proctology practice...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:31 am

Looking at that exhaust, it is so unique .................... I want one.

If any Australien has a spare, even one with side damage I would gladly relieve you of ownership.

I wish to mount it to my tray back ute, as long as no damage is visible from the rear.

Ph 0400816885
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Ghezzi,

I have 2 surplus in perfect condition.

PM me.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 pm

We've got a couple too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:44 am

I've got one as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 am

Thanks guys, PM sent to Pete for a slightly damaged one, as only the end will be visible on my ute.
Pictures will follow when its done.

Have considered it may be too restrictive for a 4 litre six cylinder, but then I only drive at 1,5000 rpm.
So I may have to cut and gut it, another reason for a less than perfect example.

Those pristine mufflers will be worth big bucks in 10 years ................ to the resto boys.

Cheers,
Wayne.
Back to top Go down
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi Ghezzi,

Why not beat the increase-in-value curve and trade me you plastic wheels for my mint exhaust?
I look forward your polite reply!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:14 am

With a cash adjustment of $20k I'll throw in the rest of the pile of shit. bounce
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 am

You'd give him $20k plus the bike, geez you're a good man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Thought Experiment   A Thought Experiment Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Thought Experiment
Page 1 of 1