GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Finally, a GRiSO Owner

Go down 
+3
bahamazoo
wardentm
The Dogfather
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

Finally, a GRiSO Owner Empty
PostSubject: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi All,

Just waved goodbye to my LM3 after many years of happy ownership and in process of fulfilling a long term desire to own a GRiSO after first riding a demo in 2006. I’ve also had over time, a 2006 Breva, 2007 Sport 1200, and a brief interlude with a Cali Custom to quench the cruiser curiosity. Fun for a little while but no thanks!

I understand and appreciate all the virtues of the 8V’s but I also have an R1200R LC in the shed and love the simplicity of the air cooled 2V’s. So I’ve picked up a very well cared for Red 2006, currently en route from Hobart, I should have in the shed early next week. Can’t wait and will be pouring through this site for guidance and ideas.

Cheers,

Trev
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 pm

G'day Trev
Trevor here from Tas, welcome
I too have a fast red 1100, great bike
Enjoy and stay safe
You will need to check the rear end greasing - do a search here for details
cheers for now
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 pm

welcome to the site, far too much information on here Razz  but most of it it is very useful!
the 2V in the (faster) Red 2006 should be the same as the the unit in your old 2007 Sport, so you'll need to check and grease the swing arm and dogbone bearings, as Trev suggests.
Head bearing is also worth a look.
The rest is too easy, straight outta the manuals posted here abouts. They are simple units to fiddle with and fix.
Re-mapping will require a cable from Lonelec and GuzziDiag  (info for these also on here) and a lap top.
You may not want to remap, but after you've done it, you'll wonder why it took you so long!

I almost got a R1200R, then watched a youtoob of a comparison between it and the 1200 Sport... after that, it was a done deal, and every time I see -hear- a 1200R putter down the road, I smile and thank the youtoob gods!

- but each to his own!!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 12:23 am

Welcome

Is it this one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 12:35 am

Welcome to the forum. There's a coule of guys on here who live in Melbourne and Ranga and I live in Geelong. Enough for a Victorian cabal.
Back to top Go down
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 12:39 am

Thanks for the welcome and the tips Fellas and yes, that’s the one on its way to me! I’ll likely look to drop it in to Pete Roper for a look over on one of my bi annual trips to see the family in Tamworth.

Re comparison to the R1200R and buying a Sport1200 instead, note above I owned one, for 7 years, so experience to draw from rather than the internet Wink. I had the 2V not the 4V and regretted selling it for a long time, still do in a way. Sure the BM’s don’t have the engine note and “character” of a Guzzi, which is why I have had a Guzzi in the shed for years Smile. But unfortunately, Guzzi don’t make a comparative bike anymore (the last model was still based on the the original 2005 Breva) and ABS only, and I’ve a 2017 with the bells and whistles and great for long distance touring.

Anyhoo, this is a GRiSO forum, and I am very excited to be owning one, which as a coincidence, came from a Trev from Tassie, but clearly not wardentm.

Now, off to do some reading!
Back to top Go down
The Dogfather
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
The Dogfather

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 12:40 am

wyno wrote:
Welcome to the forum. There's a coule of guys on here who live in Melbourne and Ranga and I live in Geelong. Enough for a Victorian cabal.

Sounds like a good plan!!!!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Trev! I had a 2007 red 1100 (see avatar), loved it for 50,000 miles.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1Tue May 07, 2019 12:36 pm

Hello ! Welcome, bienvenue cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, a GRiSO Owner   Finally, a GRiSO Owner Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Finally, a GRiSO Owner
Page 1 of 1