GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping Empty
PostSubject: Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping   Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi Folks,
My new Lonelec cables will arrive tomorrow so I'm planning on checking the valve clearances then balancing my throttles at the weekend.
After that I'll be trying to see if I can get Guzzidiag fired up to re-set the TPS.

I ride a 1100 GRiSO (2006).
It's got a Termignoni exhaust on it which is actually an 8v one- in spite of it being for a 1200 I have never had any issues with it after 4 years or more with this exhaust - spark plugs always look the right colour, engine smooth, no pops or spits, really.

My questions:
1. Is it obvious to see how the bike is currently mapped? I've sussed out via this forum that I can save the current map I have as a .bin file, so I'll do that!
2. Is there a way to tell the software I'm running the Termignoni on the bike?
3. Can I buy a Beetle map for my GRiSO 1100 & still keep using that exhaust?
4. How do I actually buy a map? Does one exist still? Beetle (if you're reading this), should I just PM you or do you get fed up people PM'ing you?

I'm thinking whilst I'm doing all that laptop stuff I might as well try out a Beetle map seeing as I'll have gone through all that Guzzidiag pain.

I'd like to keep using the Termignoni rather than stick the original back on (which weighs an absolute tonne!).
Think that's it right now.
Thanks to anyone who chips in & apologies to those who are rolling their eyes right now, sighing.

Cheers to all
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping   Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 pm

Contact Beetle at GRiSO.org. I'm sure he'll be able to help you.
Back to top Go down
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping   Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Thanks Dave,
Will do.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping   Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Red Leader wrote:

My questions:
1. Is it obvious to see how the bike is currently mapped? I've sussed out via this forum that I can save the current map I have as a .bin file, so I'll do that!
2. Is there a way to tell the software I'm running the Termignoni on the bike?

Not really. The Reader will create a text file with the map software version, but if it's a 3rd party map it doesn't mean much. I never edit that stuff, and I doubt anybody else does either.

Quote :

3. Can I buy a Beetle map for my GRiSO 1100 & still keep using that exhaust?

Yes.

Quote :

4. How do I actually buy a map? Does one exist still? Beetle (if you're reading this), should I just PM you or do you get fed up people PM'ing you?

Go here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simples!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Red Leader
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Red Leader

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping   Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks Beetle,
I get on the case via your GRiSO. org link later today/ this eve.
Cheers again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping   Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Couple of questions re:throttle balance/TPS/Beetle mapping
Page 1 of 1