GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Empty
PostSubject: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:05 pm

I was wondering if the Hepco Becker side bags will work with the Mistral exhaust I have on this bike? Or is the muffler too high?

Side Bag Brackets

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:53 pm

You'd have to try.

I know when I had the Aprilia bags on my 1200 Sport, there was a supplied spacer to effectively lower the pipe a smidgen to clear the bags.  Of course it also reduced lean on LH corners.

You may require a similar setup with the H&B ones.  I could take a photo, but the 1200 Sport with H&B bags would not necessarily apply to the GRiSO.

I have C-Bows on my GRiSO with a Mistral muffler, and the Givi E21s fit fine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 pm

If you look at this thread there are a few pics so you might get some idea.
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:38 pm

I already have a set of 30L and 40L bags for the mount I linked.
I don't want to get another system in addition.
I have tried looking at some different bag threads on the forums and have not been able to come to a conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Stubbie
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stubbie

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:17 pm

Sorry didn't see you had linked a carrier. Looking at the carrier it appears to hang about 3 inches lower than the indicator so your bags maybe close depending how much lower they hang below the rack.
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:23 pm

When I had the Mistral on my 1200 I had to get a bracket made up so that I could lower the muffler by about 50mm. Once that was done, the 40 litre bags fitted perfectly. Now that I have the
Agostini muffler, I don't need the bracket as there is sufficient space without it.
Back to top Go down
diedel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
diedel

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:43 am

antmanbee wrote:
I was wondering if the Hepco Becker side bags will work with the Mistral exhaust I have on this bike? Or is the muffler too high?

Side Bag Brackets

Years ago i had mounted H+B rackets with a Termi and used those H+B side backs with no clearance problem:

Seems similar to the Mistral …
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:11 am

Thanks diedel,

I'm going to go out and take a picture as identical as I can to yours and compare them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?   Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Will Hepco Becker side bags fit on a GRiSO 1100 with Mistral Muffler?
Page 1 of 1