GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Wannabe from Wiltshire

Go down 
+2
wardentm
Stu23
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stu23
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Stu23

Wannabe from Wiltshire Empty
PostSubject: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:42 am

Hi All. First post on here, and not a Guzzi owner yet.

Brief history, started riding on my 17th birthday, now 61. Been through Honda, Norton, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Ducati MHR (pic from 1984 in Avatar, if it works!), Bimota SB3, Ducati 900SS (bevel), etc. etc… There was a Guzzi V65 (SP, with Monza bodywork, fun little thing) and a 1000SP in there briefly, sometime late 80’s. If I ever rode the SP I don’t remember it! From 2004 have been on big Triumphs mostly, although did buy, restore, ride and sell my old Hailwood. 2016 saw my Tiger 1050 (and son’s Speed Triple) stolen in France while on holiday, and I’ve been making do with a few cheap, fun bikes since… spent the insurance payout on Mrs23’s z4! Bandit 600, Triumph Trident 750 and now a 650 Versys, which is a great little thing, actually, and does everything I need a bike to, but doesn’t ever inspire me to look back in the garage… So, the V is for sale and I’m looking for something to love.

I looked at an 1100 GRiSO a few years ago and really liked it, but missed it trying to save a few hundred quid… ended up buying a Sportster that I sold again 5 days later. My first and last HD.  Evil or Very Mad

I’ve recently found another GRiSO locally which looks to be in great condition and very low miles. Off to see it at the weekend. It’s a bit pricey, but does look like a good one.  bounce

So first question is, apart from the obvious secondhand bike issues, are there any GRiSO specific issues to be looking for? It’s an 06 1100, 2V motor.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 am

G'day Stu
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania.
I have a 07 1100, great bike, a fast red one - 67k on the clock now - still going great ...
No roller issues with this model - one issue, grease in the rear swing arms and shock linkage, Luigi was asleep when this job was on ....I did mine in the shed ok - see on this site for full info
I also had to raise my handles, original was just too low for me ....again one of our members on this site manufactures and sells them - great job
I also have had to replace the tappet cover gaskets - not a big job, but done now.
Other than this all great - get on and go
Enjoy the ride - stay safe and warm
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Yeah Stu, the 1100 is a good motor, though at that age there will be a pile of things you will need to check and maybe replace.

As Trev says above the rear swing arm bearings and the dogbone on the rear suspension probably will both need attention. The green rocker cover gasket will last a long time and I'm on the 7th reuse of mine (have two sets of spares ready if needed). Maybe steering bearing too. Apart from that normal wear and tear would be expected. Use the proper oils and filters and self servicing will be a breeze and reliable to boot.

One good thing you could do is get a Beetle Map for the ECU. makes a good bike great.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Stu! What they said above. I put 50,000 miles on my '07 1100, loved every minute of it. Go for it!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pisano
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:04 pm

Hey Stu. All I got to say is You the man! I wish I had as many rides as you had. Although with the GRiSO I want for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:20 am

Hello ! Bienvenue cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:12 am

Go for it, bought my 07 1100 just over a year ago. Went down the remapping route via BDS performance in Peterborough, more expensive than the beetle maps which people on the forum have tested and rate but did a great job.

Riding experience in my opinion also improved by later 1200 bars.

At price they are now not likely to get any cheaper for good ones.

Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wannabe from Wiltshire   Wannabe from Wiltshire Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wannabe from Wiltshire
Page 1 of 1