GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner

Go down 
+6
BowraBoy
bioman
Pete Roper
beetle
GuzziSteve
Motoguzzi750
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Empty
PostSubject: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:19 am

Hi all,

Just joined GRiSO ghetto.
I am interested in owning used GRiSO.
Currently own/enjoy a 2004, Breva 750 IE.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:30 am

Buy the Tenni and keep it forever! You can fix it w/Pete's threads on the rollers. Only couple hrs work for me if you want to come to GA. You need a dealer to get you the parts(like they were doing the work), bulletin is still valid.
Welcome to EVERYTHING GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:26 pm

Thanks.

you mean you have read/followed my post on wildguzzi?
Still waiting for seller to respond.
Not sure it’s sold already or not.

I am liking your idea.

I am in CA, any thoughts on me coming to you in GA ?
You mean I drive it to GA ?
Or get it shipped and I fly?

Of course seller has to respond first.

Later.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:01 pm

Buy it and rollerise it. It has the same mileage mine had when it got rollers.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:16 pm

I just sit around most days, retired. Drives my wife nuts. I tuned up a friends 99EV last year, he came from Denver, CO. He didn't like the shops close by and knew my work. I got him started on Guzzi's in 1980.
You are 2500 mi from me That's up to you but I would only charge no more that 3hrs, usually 2 at $50 per. That's real reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 pm

How does your friend from Denver, CO bring his bike to you?
I am asking because I new to this long distance thing and trying to learn/understand.
I like your rate though. I will be happy to pay at that rate.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:33 pm

Have a look through the technical section. Most of the things you'll need to be aware of and iron out are well documented there. Yes, apart from rollerisation there are a number of other vital bits of preventative maintenance that will need undertaking and other aspects of the ownership and maintenance of a GRiSO that you need to be aware of before plunging into ownership.

A Guzzi, any Guzzi, is not going to reward any owner who expects a machine that thrives on neglect. Regular maintenance is vital but the few other known issues that need addressing do not make the machine any different to pretty much any other marque. Put simply all bikes have idiocynracies and issues. It's just that many owners don't know about them or, as do Guzzi owners, choose to ignore them.

The GRiSO is a superb platform and once it's issues have been addressed are as reliable as an anvil. It is not though going to reward someone who expects to be able to abuse it like a 1970's Honda and get away with it.

If you're not willing to put in the hard yards and correct/fix the few problems they come with ex-factory then your ownership will probably be brief and disappointing and you'll spend the rest of your life bagging Guzzi out and saying what a piece of shit they are.

Conversely if you are willing to make that effort you will be rewarded with a unique riding experience and ownership of one of the great styling icons in motorcycling.

Motoguzzi750 likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:55 pm

Motoguzzi750 wrote:
How does your friend from Denver, CO bring his bike to you?
I am asking because I new to this long distance thing and trying to learn/understand.
I like your rate though. I will be happy to pay at that rate.

He had a trailer w/bike, was moving his wife to SC.
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:56 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Have a look through the technical section. Most of the things you'll need to be aware of and iron out are well documented there. Yes, apart from rollerisation there are a number of other vital bits of preventative maintenance that will need undertaking and other aspects of the ownership and maintenance of a GRiSO that you need to be aware of before plunging into ownership.

A Guzzi, any Guzzi, is not going to reward any owner who expects a machine that thrives on neglect. Regular maintenance is vital but the few other known issues that need addressing do not make the machine any different to pretty much any other marque. Put simply all bikes have idiocynracies and issues. It's just that many owners don't know about them or, as do Guzzi owners, choose to ignore them.

The GRiSO is a superb platform and once it's issues have been addressed are as reliable as an anvil. It is not though going to reward someone who expects to be able to abuse it like a 1970's Honda and get away with it.

If you're not willing to put in the hard yards and correct/fix the few problems they come with ex-factory then your ownership will probably be brief and disappointing and you'll spend the rest of your life bagging Guzzi out and saying what a piece of shit they are.

Conversely if you are willing to make that effort you will be rewarded with a unique riding experience and ownership of one of the great styling icons in motorcycling.

Ok. Got the message. Thanks for pointing this out, I needed that.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Negotiate a $1000 price reduction to accommodate for the rollerization and then please buy that bike. Those Tenni's are rapidly becoming  the unicorns among the Guzzi's (which is already a magical brand). Buy it - you will not be disappointed!!!

Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:45 pm

bioman wrote:
Negotiate a $1000 price reduction to accommodate for the rollerization and then please buy that bike. Those Tenni's are rapidly becoming  the unicorns among the Guzzi's (which is already a magical brand). Buy it - you will not be disappointed!!!

Just did that, i.e., offered $1000 less than asking price.
Hoping to hear back from seller ( assuming its not sold already, the ad is up as I write this, but who knows as there has not been any response for my previous emails. Lets see...)

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:31 pm

I also had a Breva 750, which wouldn't have pulled the skin off a rice pudding. Breva 750 and GRiSO 8V are poles apart - no comparison.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:45 am

Motoguzzi750 wrote:
bioman wrote:

Just did that, i.e., offered $1000 less than asking price.
Hoping to hear back from seller ( assuming its not sold already, the ad is up as I write this, but who knows as there has not been any response for my previous emails. Lets see...)

Good luck

As Pete R says Guzzi reward owners who expect to care for a machine, given that

Good Guzzi are great bikes & GRiSO is a very good Guzzi

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 am

Hey 750 Did the seller ever get back to you about tappets? I'll bet he knew. OR maybe rollerized.
Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 am

GuzziSteve wrote:
Hey 750 Did the seller ever get back to you about tappets? I'll bet he knew. OR maybe rollerized.

No response from seller still.
I have sent multiple emails by now.

Not sure, but the same listing showing
$1000 more on previous asking price,
If I remember correctly.

All very confusing..
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:47 pm

Jacking the price up to enable a $1000 discount. Maybe walk away...
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:02 pm

Motoguzzi750 wrote:
GuzziSteve wrote:

No response from seller still.
I have sent multiple emails by now.

Not sure, but the same listing showing
$1000 more on previous asking price,
If I remember correctly.

All very confusing..

Yes, I saw that also, jacking price---------------- Like Tony says-----------
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:09 pm

The whole thing stinks of enfuckment. Forget about it.

Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:50 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
The whole thing stinks of enfuckment. Forget about it.

I completely agree. Thats how I feel exactly.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:53 pm

keep looking Mg750 there are good ones out there

Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:55 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
keep looking Mg750 there are good ones out there

Yea I am searching/looking for a 2007/08 4V now. Let’s see

Maca1957 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 pm

If you do decide to look at an 8V the changeover point was early/mid 2012. Any bike plated 2013 or later will be a roller tappet engine.

Any 2007/8 bike will almost certainly require swingarm bearings and possibly a shock linkage double conrod. We've got an immaculate Silver and white Bellagio in at the moment, not sure what year, maybe 2012? Anyway it's only got 4,000Km on it and Doesn't look like it's ever seen rain. Michael had to put new swingarm bearings in it as they were rusty! Shock linkage was still OK though.

Needed a new UJ bellows too.

Clancy and Maca1957 like this post

Back to top Go down
Maca1957
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Maca1957

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:05 pm

Great work Michael/Pete, nice pick up.
Very glad to have you onboard with my Bella.

MalG likes this post

Back to top Go down
Motoguzzi750
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Motoguzzi750

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:24 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
If you do decide to look at an 8V the changeover point was early/mid 2012. Any bike plated 2013 or later will be a roller tappet engine.

Any 2007/8 bike will almost certainly require swingarm bearings and possibly a shock linkage double conrod. We've got an immaculate Silver and white Bellagio in at the moment, not sure what year, maybe 2012? Anyway it's only got 4,000Km on it and Doesn't look like it's ever seen rain. Michael had to put new swingarm bearings in it as they were rusty! Shock linkage was still OK though.

Needed a new UJ bellows too.

Oh, ok.

So what are my options for dealing with bearings, cost wise, DIY wise?
Is there any way to inspect condition of swingarm bearing or it is given?

I am assuming bike can be driven for a while, or is this something urgent?
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:22 am

Hey, Now that Tenni came down $2000 to 5995, weird guy for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner    Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Just joined grisoghetto/wannabe GRiSO owner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next