GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired

Go down 
+5
Dave Swanson
antmanbee
Stromgriso
Street
Closed_Casket
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Closed_Casket
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Closed_Casket

Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Empty
PostSubject: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:20 pm

Hey gang, I've had a zillion bikes and about 8 or 9 Guzzis, and just bought my 2nd GRiSO 1100 a couple weeks ago locally.  I had an '07 that I bought from a Canadian dude on eBay, it was red, pristine, and had an insanely loud open Agostini pipe on it.  I love Guzzis but not loud pipes and am a fickle mo fo who likes to try lots of bikes so sold it.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well I was looking for something to replace my 2014 BMW R1200GS since I will  never travel longer than a hundred or so miles in a day here in Floridastan (I lived in Oregon the last 24 years), I found and just bought another mint GRiSO 1100 with silly low miles and a gorgeous Mistral pipe and Givi fairing here in the Tampa area.  Oh man I missed this bike.  My last Guzzi was a Stelvio, very nice, but weird looking and too tall/heavy for most of the riding I was doing at the time.  Before that the previous Guzzi was an incredible Breva 1200 Sport with wickedly loud dual diagonal pipes.  Again, a great deal, low miles, a stunner, but not practical for me at the time.  Had no problem selling it.  

Now that I'm in the sweatland of the deep South (until my momma leaves this earth, then I'm moving back to the PacNW where I belong, this GRiSO makes perfect sense.  End of the search for my perfect bike here in sucky Florida.  I could look at it for hours with enough wine and prog rock.  It make me want to get up at dawn before the intense Florida heat and humidity start climbing to where no human should tolerate, and ride.  

I've installed my de rigeur CRG lane splitter mirrors and a very nice CNC milled cell phone holder, as well as new Grip Puppies to help quell the vibes.  But the bike has only 2k miles on it fer Chrissakes.  I'm 61 but totally smitten again.  God bless Eyetalian bikes.  

Cheers! affraid affraid

Last edited by Steak on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:08 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, CC!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Stromgriso
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Stromgriso

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Welcome!  And yes the PNW is a wonderful place!
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:53 pm

Welcome and congrats on a nice GRiSO.
I am in Ormond Beach Fl. if you are ever over this way.
There are a few other Guzzi people around both over here as well as the Tampa area.
Back to top Go down
Dave Swanson
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dave Swanson

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:16 pm

Welcome to the forum and I applaud your wisdom to buy another GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
Rushjob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Rushjob

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:44 am

Welcome closedcasket. Enjoy many safe miles on it.There'll be another GRiSO in Fla (Silver Spr) after Sept 21st if I don't sell or trade it before Sept 13 th when we leave NV
BTW, rode up & back to Br Columbia a couple weeks ago. Beautiful. Loved rte 21 in Wa & Middle Creek Rd above John Day in Or. I'm 68
Back to top Go down
usedtobefast
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
usedtobefast

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:30 am

Wow what a great find! 2000 miles!!? How's it run?

It looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:27 am

Hello ! Welcome, bienvenue cheers

You’re a Guzzi Yoda king
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Love my Mandello Yellow 1100. Hope you have a great time with her.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired   Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Long time bike-a-holic from the Florida wasteland - GRiSO 1100 Just Acquired
Page 1 of 1