GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel Filler Ring Issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stacka
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Stacka

Fuel Filler Ring Issues Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Filler Ring Issues   Fuel Filler Ring Issues Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but I've been trawling over the info here to learn as much about my new GRiSO as I can.

I've just bought an SW Motech "Daypack" EVO Tank Bag with 12v connection.

Well I unscrewed the screws that hold the ring around the tank filler of which there are eight screws.

On doing this I've found four of the screws don't actually screw into anything which is weird cos I definitely felt them unscrew. So now all these screws do is sit there which has me baffled wtf.

Can anyone inform me what are these four screws meant to screw into if there is no thread for them to screw into??

Much appreciated if anyone can let me know.

Cheers

Stacka
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filler Ring Issues   Fuel Filler Ring Issues Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:27 pm

They are purely decorative.
Back to top Go down
Stacka
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Stacka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filler Ring Issues   Fuel Filler Ring Issues Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:52 pm

Thanks for letting me know.

So how are they held in?

I've just bought some blue tac to stick the screw to the seating otherwise the screw will be just sitting there which doesn't sound right to me.

Is that how it is?

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filler Ring Issues   Fuel Filler Ring Issues Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:04 pm

@stacka: may be have a look on this —> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Stacka
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Stacka

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filler Ring Issues   Fuel Filler Ring Issues Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:27 am

Thanks Richard,

I have already looked at it but dumb me decided to undo the screws to the large ring thinking the ring which I forgot to order from SW Motech to fit to the bag screwed to it.

Anyway, it's no big deal.

I'm just going to have to use blue tac to hold the 4 screws that don't screw into anything in place. It's just got me stumped how I had to unscrew them but they don't screw into anything. It's like a weird trick has been played on me lol.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to source the link to the instructions Richard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel Filler Ring Issues   Fuel Filler Ring Issues Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel Filler Ring Issues
Page 1 of 1